We signed up for Dish Network in July. They convienced us on the phone that the Basic 120 package would carry our favorite Channels.

They were AMC and Hallmark. We had the Channels till December. Then when we called them they said it was a mistake. Without a signed Contract with Channels on it , your screwed!!!

They are trying to make us take a new package in order to get these channels. We are retired and can't afford it. We then signed for a discount package they had running at the time, $29.99. We were told that if we go on vacation it would be only $5.00 a month, then we would go back to service as is....

Well, when we called to say we would be on vacation they said fine, but we would loose the discount package when we got back... and would have to pay $44.99...The regular price for this service.. This really SUCKS!!!! They said they didn't know who we talked to, but that this was not true..

You will need to record the conversations with them... Very unprofessional Comany!!!!!

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 11, 2011.

Comments

Livonia, Michigan, United States #1201248

DISH sucks. Cancelled them and they NEVER sent the pre-paid shipping boxes to send equipment back.

7 years later, they continue to contact me saying I owe 500.00 for the equipment. They still won't send the boxes. They lose. I started charging them storage for their equipment.

They now owe me 1400.00. The equipment was eventually sold legally at an auction for the abandoned equipment. I sold it for 15.00. Deduct that from the 1400.00 they owe me, deduct their 500.00...

they owe me 900.00. Going to send them to a collection agency.

Englewood, Colorado, United States #1193731

Dish Network is a very unethical and sleazy company. They don't care about their employees or customers.

The founder/owner of Dish, Charles Ergen, has a lot of negative press, as does the company as a whole.

I hope customers of Dish who have been misled or ripped off will report their grievances to the necessary agencies.

Pahrump, Nevada, United States #1151740

They seem to regards customer retention as a non entity

In speaking with Dish about my increased rates nothing is offered except the cost that I would incur by canceling

They had no concern about canceling, more like hey expected it

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #695716

Most customer service people due not care. They hear complaints on almost every call and basically just become a robot.

If you have ever worked in a callcenter you would know what I'm talking about. A lot of the times not even the supervisors know the business rules.supervisors will do whatever they can to avoid a sup call. So these poor customer service agents have to figure the rules out while you are screaming at them. I have worked in a callcenter for 5 years and it is the most unpleasant job I have ever had.

You are required to use empathy on every call. Well after 5 years you really have not much empathy left. So when a friend or family member tells you a disturbing story.

You have become proned to throw out a empathy statement and in my case most of the time not mean it. These jobs do not pay enough to have to deal with the mental stress that these customers and supervisors put on you

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #672344

Dish Network is a huge corporation that does not have customers. They have numbers.

Numbers that fill up graphs and charts for ratings and money. Customer Service ... true customer service is absent from their dialogues and rebuttals. Quality care is a figure most often used or said by their phone reps as, "I am sorry to hear that you are having problems." These words are read from a script and do not have one ounce of true meaning.

They truly do not care about you or anyone. Face it ... once they get your money and bank account information ... you are done for.

It is easy as pie for them to rape your bank account as well as your common sense.

BEWARE!

Batesville, Arkansas, United States #603829

I had stopped using dish hoping our local cable would be a better choice, it was not. So I called dish on the 31st of Jan and talked with a rep that called himself Chris.

I told chris I was wanting to turn my service back on and if possible I would like to post date a check until the 11th of Feb. Chris told me this would not be a problem and because I was post dating a check he would turn my service back on, I was suprised by this and asked why he would turn my service on before the payment went through. He said that post dating was the same as paying the amount immediately. I was impressed.

He read me my account number and banking info along with the 2/11/2013 date. He also told me that if my service did not come back on in an hour or so to call back in which I did. I talked to a lady ( did not get her name) told her of the conversation I had with Chris and she informs me that post dating is not something that dish does and I said ok can you tell me if Chris posted the check I authorized for the 11th she told me no. She said there was no charges pending on my account.

The 4th of Feb they pull the payment, which I did not authorize. I called and talked with Kaylee at first who told me there was nothing that could be done. Then after 15 minutes of converstation with her, she gives me to supervisor Paul, He tells me that Chris never told me this and he did not believe that I tried to post date a check, however he did admit that the second lady I talked with log in the notes that I had talked to her about post dating. At wits end, I asked if nothing else cold be done at least talk with Chris about the misleading conversation we had and Paul said he does not believe we ever had that conversation so I was a lier.

I am very upset with how I was treated and the results of my conversation with a so-called supervisor. I will let everyone in my church and all of those I work with know of this event. I will never again tell folks that dish is a good company.

I feel cheated and robbed by this company for taking money I did not allow them to take and for the supervisoers in chanrge to do nothing is apualing.

Yeslin,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel our customer support was rather unhelpful as that's certainly not our intention! We strive to provide the best in the industry and I'd be happy to help you further with this to get it resolved.

If you could please email me your account number, I will enjoy the opportunity to get this all taken care of. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I hope to hear from you!

to MikeL DISH Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #672353

You always say that you are "SORRY TO HEAR".

Sorry is when you actually feel for the person and their situation and make changes, permanent changes to rectify the situation, not to your satisfaction but to the Customer's Satisfaction".

Don't waste your time or money,

Your post caught my attention as I found it interesting and wanted to help! I know moving can be a rigorous situation to go through and our technicians try as hard as possible to do everything they can to re-establish service with a line of sight of the signal at the new home so your service can continue.

What would be a big help is if you could please email me your account number so I can look over it to see exactly what happened. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and it'll be a pleasure to assist you further with this!

I am not going crazy,

Allow me to help you with that as I found it very interesting! I can get this straightened out for you if you could please email me your account number so I can have a look at everything. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll enjoy the opportunity to assist you further with this!

Beverly,

I've reviewed your post and would like to help with that to get it resolved! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with the service and it would be my pleasure to get this cleared up.

Could you please email me your account number so I can have a look at it and see what I can do? My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and your efforts are appreciated!

And they do not even care!,

I wanted to follow up with you to make sure you have my email address in case you have any further questions. It's michael.lemar@dish.com and I hope you enjoy your programming!

And they do not even care!,

I came across your post and would be happy to help you with that! Please understand that as a network provider, we pay the networks to provide you with them, so we have very limited control over the price demanded from us.

Given that, we sometimes feel that discontinuing a certain channel from our lineup is the most appropriate thing to do based on the price of it when we don't want to pass the dollar to our customers.

This is the same for all pay-TV providers, not just Dish. I hope that helps and please email me at michael.lemar@dish.com with any questions so I may assist further!

jeff,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been enjoying the programming and would love to help! You can visit us at dish.com for information about all of our packages to determine which one is the best fit for your needs.

Please email me your account number, also, so I can have a look at it and assist further. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I hope to hear from you!

avk,

It would be my pleasure to assist you with that as we'd hate to see you go! If you could please email me your account number, I would love to take a look at everything and see what I can do! My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll look forward to speaking with you!

Kurt,

Your post caught my attention as I found it interesting! Could you please email me your account number so I can assist you in getting that straightened out? My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!

jbb1270,

I saw your post and wanted to help! If you could please email me your account number, I'd be happy to take a look and see what I can do. My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I look forward to hearing from you!

The worst company o started Thr same 24.99 ending price after two years 44. 99 they charge you to talk to a rep $5.00 one of the reps call me a *** because I was asking questions about my bill.

When I started with the I had the box I can record tv show which I didn't use then whe I wa t to use they say only good for new customers. Now I have an anthena screw all cable company's

if you're ever moving don't cancel your service with Dish...they don't allow their customers to sign up for 3 months after canceling unless you want to pay for equipment. Great customer service and retention, ain't it??!

I happened to be moving into a home and waiting for a closing date so was in between places for about 6 weeks. Oh and not to to mention when i first signed up 2 years ago their rep in Bluefield VA stole my credit card # and used it for a hotel.

I terminated Dishnetwork and took down the recievers and put them in the closet. I got my box today to send it back.

My problem is...there were no smart cards.

And I know no one was in my house and could have stolen them.

I called and the lady said ti could not have worked without smart cards and they said I will be charged 50 bucks for the smart card. Now I am wondering how truthful they are being about it not working without them and the cards didn't just disappear