Following is an actual transcript of my ( Kamran Khan) communication with dish network customer support rep ( Enrique A). Please take time to read and Learn about this terrible entity called Dish Network!

---------------------------------------------------

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...

You have been connected to (03) Enrique A.

(03) Enrique A: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in HD and DVR. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.

Kamran Khan: ok

(03) Enrique A: Thank you!

(03) Enrique A: Thank you for your patience.

(03) Enrique A: I am glad to hear that you want to restart your service.

Kamran Khan: did you get the box that I sent via ups?

Kamran Khan: I mean the reciever that was not working?

(03) Enrique A: Let me check with that.

Kamran Khan: ok

(03) Enrique A: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.

Kamran Khan: ok

(03) Enrique A: Thank you for your time.

(03) Enrique A: Yes, we go the receivers.

Kamran Khan: good!

Kamran Khan: now I have another problem enrique - and I would like you to help me with that

(03) Enrique A: However, without the equipment the services cannot be restarted.

(03) Enrique A: I will try my best to help you, may I know the exact problem?

Kamran Khan: good

Kamran Khan: the problem is that I am being billed for all the wrong things

Kamran Khan: I have been a dish network customer for a long time

Kamran Khan: and a couple of months back I went on vacation

(03) Enrique A: The charge for the equipment for $200.00 will be reversed.

Kamran Khan: I asked for my service to be decreased

Kamran Khan: and they did that

Kamran Khan: after I got back I got this long bill which not only has this charge that you mentioned will be reversed but other incorrect charges also

(03) Enrique A: Well, all the other charges are valid I have already checked your billing.

Kamran Khan: what are those? if I may ask you..

(03) Enrique A: You have been charged Equipment fee twice for $200.00.

Kamran Khan: why?

(03) Enrique A: The equipment fee would be reversed that would be of $400.00 with the state and local taxes.

Kamran Khan: see? that's the sort of stuff I am talking about..

Kamran Khan: there are incorrect charges..

Kamran Khan: what else?

Kamran Khan: I mean - what else you see there?

(03) Enrique A: There are no other invalid charges apart from what I mentioned above.

Kamran Khan: ok - in that case - will you be starting my service?

(03) Enrique A: Well, there is no equipment with you to restart the service.

Kamran Khan: see? that's where the confusion is

Kamran Khan: can I explain?

(03) Enrique A: Sure.

Kamran Khan: I do have the equipment - and this equipment was a replacement sent to me for faulty equipment that I returned and I was told that I will not be charged for the replacement since the equipment that I returned was faulty

Kamran Khan: so - basically I do have the equipment...

(03) Enrique A: May I know the R00 number of the receiver?

Kamran Khan: I dont have it right now with me since I am in the office

Kamran Khan: but I assure you that I do have the equipment which was sent as replacement from you and it is working fine...

(03) Enrique A: In that case I would request you to please contact us back once you get back home to help you further.

Kamran Khan: ok I can do that - now beside this equipment issue - what else? what else is the problem before my service can be started?

(03) Enrique A: That is it!

Kamran Khan: so I dont owe you guys anything - right? I mean beside resolving this equipment issue

(03) Enrique A: We will be able to help you with the exact price once you help us with the R00 number of the receiver.

Kamran Khan: what price? see? I am confused again - The reciever I have was sent as a replacement

(03) Enrique A: The receiver that was sent to you was an upgraded receiver, it was not shipped to you as the replacement for the faulty equipment.

(03) Enrique A: That is the reason you have a current balance on the account.

Kamran Khan: I never asked for any upgraded reciever - I just wanted the reciever to work

(03) Enrique A: I see that you participated in the Dishn't up promotion to get the HD Single tuner receiver.

Kamran Khan: that's all and I think it will be highly unfair to charge me for a reciever that was sent to me as replacement

(03) Enrique A: I am sorry you feel that way.

Kamran Khan: its not a matter of feeling this way enrique - I was sent faulty recievers initially and all you guys did was replaced it with a good one - which is what you should have done - and I am being charged for that?? I mean - why???

Kamran Khan: do you understand what I am saying??

(03) Enrique A: When we sent the receiver as replacement you would have sent the faulty equipment back to us.

Kamran Khan: dish network is incorrectly charging me - this is unfair - they simply replaced their faulty equipment

Kamran Khan: the faulty equipment was sent back

Kamran Khan: you just told me that you got them

Kamran Khan: so what's the confusion??

(03) Enrique A: Now, let me make this clear.

Kamran Khan: ok

Kamran Khan: are you still there?

(03) Enrique A: Initially, you were charged for two non return equipments worth for $400.00. We will reverse the charge for one equipment that we received for $200.00.

Kamran Khan: look - let me clarify - both the equipments that I sent were faulty - both of them - ok

Kamran Khan: and I sent them back

(03) Enrique A: We have received only one equipment.

Kamran Khan: man!

Kamran Khan: I just asked you if you got them both and you said yes

Kamran Khan: the second one was shipped out last week

Kamran Khan: you should have recieved it by now

(03) Enrique A: We did not receive the second receiver.

Kamran Khan: that is what I asked you first and you said yes

(03) Enrique A: You were referring to only one receiver I double checked the conversation. That is the reason I said yes.

(03) Enrique A: If you have really sent the other receiver also the other $200.00 charge will also be reversed once we get the receiver back.

(03) Enrique A: Do not worry about that. You can contact us later to check if the receiver is with us to restart the account.

(03) Enrique A: Do you have anymore questions for me?

Kamran Khan: beside the two recievers what other charges are there??

(03) Enrique A: You would need to pay approximately $150.00 to restart the account which was billed when your account was on pause.

Kamran Khan: why?

Kamran Khan: that's what I am trying to find out

Kamran Khan: why $150??

(03) Enrique A: We did not receive the payment for the bill that was generated when the services were on hold.

Kamran Khan: I paused the account to lower my monthly bill not to have it increased

Kamran Khan: the whole idea of lowering my service was to save money - not to have it increased

Kamran Khan: I dont understand>>>

(03) Enrique A: That was billed for your programming.

Kamran Khan: which programming - there was no programming during the two months

Kamran Khan: it was all on hold

Kamran Khan: ?

(03) Enrique A: Your monthly rate was for $18.33 when your services were on hold.

(03) Enrique A: If you wish you can also contact us at 1-800-333-3474 to know more information.

Kamran Khan: if my monthly rate was $18.33 then where does $150 come from?

Kamran Khan: that you just mentioned to me??

Kamran Khan: help me out here Enrique - you know that there's something wrong here

(03) Enrique A: If there are any wrong charges I would have reversed it.

Kamran Khan: and its unfair for me - since I have been your customer for a long time and I pay promptly each month - this is wrong my friend - this whole billing is wrong

(03) Enrique A: All the charges which are on your account are valid.

Kamran Khan: what are you talking about??

Kamran Khan: you told me right now that I owe $150

Network connection re-established.

Kamran Khan: right??

Kamran Khan: are you there?

(03) Enrique A: Yes, I am here.

Kamran Khan: ok tell me one thing

Kamran Khan: how do you justify the $150 charge?

Kamran Khan: how??

Kamran Khan: for two months $150 - how do you justify that

(03) Enrique A: The minimum payment that shows on the account to restart your service is $579.14.

(03) Enrique A: However, you sent us both the receiver and after receiving the second receiver we will reverse the $400+ taxes. In this way I gave you the approximate amount to restart the service.

Kamran Khan: first of all I never stopped my service - I am still getting it

(03) Enrique A: The account is disconnected.

Kamran Khan: secondly you are not answering my questions correctly

(03) Enrique A: I am sorry you feel that way.

Kamran Khan: you give me figures and then you do not support them at all with anything

Kamran Khan: I mean - why cant you give me breakdown of that $150 for two months??

Kamran Khan: I never stopped my service with you

Kamran Khan: I lowered it - and you said yourself that it was $18 for each month

Kamran Khan: so where do you get $150 from??

(03) Enrique A: The account was disconnected due to non payment.

Kamran Khan: what non payment??

(03) Enrique A: Did I tell you that is the final amount to pay?

Kamran Khan: I am trying to get answers from you but you are jumping around and throwing figures at me

Kamran Khan: why are you not talking straight with me - is this how you guys get trained??

Kamran Khan: service is already there!!!

Kamran Khan: why cant you understand??

Kamran Khan: I do have the service right now

Kamran Khan: its $18.80 that you mentioned

(03) Enrique A: The account which I am looking at is disconnected.

Kamran Khan: it was never disconnected

(03) Enrique A: Your services are not active.

Kamran Khan: that's wrong information you are getting about my account

Kamran Khan: that's what I am trying to tell you

Kamran Khan: somebody messed up and your computer is showing me disconnected

Kamran Khan: its not disconnected

Kamran Khan: I have the service

Kamran Khan: I never disconnected

Kamran Khan: that is exactly what I am trying to tell you

(03) Enrique A: In that case I would request you to please contact us at 1-800-333-3474 and speak with the account specialist as we have limitation over the chat.

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments