About April of last year I signed up with Dish Network.I paid them some $150.00 to just get the dish installed and activated.

One month later I was moved to Senior housing due to some medical issues. I called and tried to cancel, I was informed that I had a year contract and would be charged a early termination fee. I explained to them once again that you are not allowed to install anything on the building or to drill holes in the walls to run a cable in. They supply a cable company with the apt.

They then said I could pay a $5.00 a month fee and not have to worry, I told them that would be ok, but I ran into some difficulties and a payment was missed. I decided when the called to send their equipment back. After a couple of months they finally agreed to take it back. I felt that once that was done the matter should be closed.

Today a year later I am told by some collection agency that I owe $348.85 in early termination fees. I called and all they care about is getting the money. As I told the collection agency and now Dish it can just sit on my credit report until I die, I pay cash for anything I want I don't use credit cards or loans.

A month of use, over a $150.00 in early fees and somehow I still owe them ?No way will I ever pay any kind of blackmail and that is just what this company is a *** from the word go.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

RichardD66

Just a update on Dish, After several emails from TommyF at Dish I reached someone with his assistance and guidance who was able to correct the problem for me. And I will be returning back to Dish programing in the next week or so once my move is complete.

TommyF@DISH

RichardD66,

I am sorry for any frustration experienced. I would like to check this out and see what we can do. Since it would be account sensitive, can you please send me an email at thomas.faust@dish.com?

Tommy Faust