4.9
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I've had dish for years and have been pressured into directtv. I thought about changing but I wasn't sure.

So my brother finally had directtv installed at his house and was telling me how great it was and how much cheaper it is. So here we are one year later, he has few channels and pays more than me since his discounts ran out. He also has issues with it going out all the time. I only lose signal when it's storming really bad and that would happen with any satellite service.

I've had my experience with the installers throughout my years and some are great and some are horrible. I know people complain about dish dropping channels but I know from past experience and talking to a rep that dish will refuse to renew a contract if the channel is trying to over price themselves. I was told if the price went up for dish then that would trickle down to the customers so I look at it as dish looking out for the cost to their customers. The only bad thing I can say about them is I do feel like they took advantage of me.

The whole refer a friend thing. They said if you got three friends you could get a PlayStation. Well I had four and was told that I couldn't get it. The reason was the people who called gave my friend code but was then offered a free gift card or whatever which then voided the refer a friend deal.

They were not told this because one of them couldn't understand why they weren't getting the discount off their bill.

So the free gaming system for referring people is just a scam to get people to refer more. That was the first time I thought about leaving dish but ruled it as a misunderstanding because I have no proof that it is intentional.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments