Coverage Area
Style and Design

I switched to Dish in 2009. They sent an installer (independent contractor) to install a dish and he swiped the digital DTV equipment from the house AND my RV.

The RV had nothing to do with the change, but was told they would fix problem and have someone come over with equipment a few days later. They sent a guy with an old beat up mint green 1970's ford truck with old *** stuff in the bed ( not the digital stuff we had) so I excused him and asked him to leave. I followed up with many calls to no avail and eventually gave up. They kept throwing "the contract" I signed wouldn't let me cancel at me and I just sucked it up and went on with life.

I did so mostly due to the amount of time each call would take and NEVER getting anywhere. Fast forward to today, mind you many, many more issues have come up between then and now, but I called to cancel in Nov due to lack of programing. They informed me that I had "old equipment that were dinosaurs" and " with the new stuff I'd enjoy the full programming I have been paying for" They went on to say "this would be at NO cost to me" Well, apparently "no cost to me" ces with a monthly fee AND a 2 year contract??? They also stated my bill would only be $89 per month TOTAL, which I reiterated several times....

No other fee's or cost, total $89? Response was yes, that is what you'll pay! So what gives? They have Comercial showing "ugly bill" from direct TV, but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

A distraction from what they are actually doing? Beware of this too... apparently you can sign your rights away by agreeing to this program for 1 years, but they can do whatever they want without recourse. You can't class action sue for false statements because they "update" the terms of agreement whenever they want AND they are not bound by pricing as you are bound to pay WHATEVER they bill.

I called the "office of the president" @ dish who says they are they highest escalation of any problems, yet they can't do anything. I asked repeatedly to have them listen to every call, since they are supposed to be recorded, yet they can't do that. I insist, since that would prove what I am saying is accurate, but referred to contract for new equipment would ensure I either pay early termination fees or just tolerate it. Oh, since I have made payments to them they said they have ways of charging my cards even without my consent.

WAY TO GO DISH!!!!! Way to run a fair and equitable business!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Customer service and price, Method of doing business, Being able to change whatever they want when they want, One sided contracts.

Comments

I absolutely hate dealing with these people! They don't care, just think their noses at you saying you have a contract and your obligated