Ripley, Mississippi

We switched to DISH Network from Directv after some problems with our bill that Directv weren't willing to work out with us.That was late December.

We gave DISH a debit card number to pay the fees to get their service started and DID NOT sign up for auto-pay. They insured us that it was a one-time fee and that they would not use the card number for anything else. By late January, we decided we weren't happy with DISH and got a great offer from Directv to return to them. Directv reinstalled their service on 1/24/2013.

The following Thursday, 1/31/2013, I called my bank's automated system to check my checking account balance, knowing that my husband's paycheck was direct deposited that morning. I was HORRIFIED to find out there was a $500 charge on my account, leaving me with a negative balance in my account and my husband's paycheck not being able to be processed because the charge took the full amount of his paycheck and then some. I called my bank and spoke to a person. She told me it was DISH and I had to call them and clear it up.

When I called DISH, the person LIED and told me it wasn't them and it was a problem with our bank. I called the bank back, who again told me it was DISH. I called DISH back a second time, and again was LIED to a told it wasn't them.

Needless to say, it left me without money for food, gas, or rent, and a negative balance in my account.My bank, luckily, is fighting the charge for me, but I might not have my husband's paycheck for 10 business days.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #660554

I would be happy to help you with your post as I came across it and found it interesting!What was your reason for wanting to cancel your service with us?

What concerns did you have?

Please email me, if you could, your account number so I can look over it.My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I'll look forward to hearing from you!