New Haven, Missouri

I own a house in New Haven, MO that I have been renting out since May of 2010. Prior to 2010 I lived in the house and had Dish Network service for many years with no major incidents with them.

When my first tenants moved in they elected to have Dish Network as their provider. Though the existing dish and wiring had been serving me perfectly fine, the installer added another dish to my roof and all new wiring and did not remove the old dish or pre- existing wiring. Those tenants moved out at the end of April of 2012. New tenants moved in May of 2012.

Once again the new tenants elected to use Dish Network as their service provider. The installer once again added another dish to the roof (3 total on my roof now) and once again added all new wiring even though once again the system had been working perfectly fine with the previous wiring and dish. Fortunately this time I happened to arrive at the house before the installer could leave and I blocked the driveway so the installer couldn't leave. I told him that he wasn't leaving until he took the abandoned dishes from the roof and patched up the holes they left in my roof.

I also told him to remove all of the abandoned wiring and caulked the holds left in the siding of my house. He told me that they don't carry roof patching cement or caulking. I supplied him with roof flashing cement and a putty knife and silicone caulk and a caulking gun. This tenant stayed until August 15th, 2015.

There Dish service was working fine right up until the day they left. The most recent tenant moved in on August 16th, 2015. And yes they too elected to have Dish Network as their service provider, only this time, two different installers came out on two different days. The new tenants had elected to have TV, Internet and Home Phone service.

Each of the installers put their own dish on the roof (now I again have 3 on my roof again) Both installers added all new wiring and left all of the pre-existing wiring in place. Unfortunately, this time I was not there to block the driveway. I called the Dish Network national number and they referred me to the local Dish Network retailer. I called the retailer and explained my distress to the customer service associate, she gave me no satisfaction and blamed my problem on my new tenant.

I have found out that the FCC oversees the signal distribution by the Dish Network, but I would really like to know what federal agency or state agency is the watchdog group for overseeing the Dish Network deceptive business practices. I looks to me like Dish Network installers always, even though it is not necessary, install a new dish (or even two) and all new wiring every time a rental house gets a new tenant, and leaves the owner of the property with a collection of unused dishes and lots of unsightly abandoned wire hanging on the owner's house. There has to be something illegal about this and some governmental agency somewhere to protect consumers and rental home owner's from these practices.

Robert M. Eisele boilerdoctorab@gmail.com

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of dish network installation from Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants Dish Network to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer rep. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

SatelliteFan

This would be something you would have to discuss with tenants before they move in.