On 1/18/2011, we ordered Dish's satellite service based on ad that we could obtain the service at a $15.00/month discount for one year. The total package was $69.99/month + tax. Our very next statement, issued 2/6/11, shows a price increase of $5.00/month to $74.99 + tax, with the explanation that this is an industry-standard price increase. I'm sure they knew in mid-January that the prices was going up in February. They should have disclosed that at the time of our order.

Also, when we spoke with the sales rep, after we agreed to subscribing to the service and had everything set up, the sales rep transferred us to another department (can't remember the exact name, I think it was "confirmation" or "verification" department) that set up our direct payments for the service. At this point, we were informed that there would be a $49.99 charge for "paperwork set up" or some such thing. When we complained that the sales rep had not mentioned this fee, we were told that the sales rep was not supposed to mention this, it was that department's responsibility to disclose this.

I feel that truth in advertising requires full disclosure -- we feel that we were misled.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Package.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Jay,

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. Each year we negotiate hundreds of contracts with the network providers to help keep our customers cost down and remain the lowest all digital pay TV provider. Although we are able to get fair deals on most of them we may have a slight price increase due to what we must pay these providers. Your promotional rate is our normal rate and then a promotional discount, so when our prices increase you will still receive your promotional discount it will just be off the new pricing. I apologize if this was not fully explained to you in detail, if you have any other question feel free to email me directly.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

On Nov.2010 I ordered dish and they raised my rates $ 5.00 more a month I don't see how they can raise rates on a binding contract they always try to use clauses but if we try canceling they want us to pay early termination fee.

I totally agree with you on this one, I hate how dish can just change the policies anytime they want and ensure the customer that its for the better, when in actuality they are just profiting more!I really would like dish to just cancel my service without the ETF and I will never budge again for cable services again!

All of them are crooks.I am very much interested in doing something about this.

NickF DISH

The promotional offer that DISH gives a new customer is $15 off for the first 12 months of a 24 month commitment and that credit amount won't change. During the contract, pricing and programming is subject to change. I understand a change in pricing after initial installation can cause frustration. If you would like to e-mail me your account information to nick.franta@dishnetwork I can review your account for you.

With the $49.99 charge, you likely signed up with a sales partner of ours and they do normally charge an activation/processing fee.

Nick Franta

DISH Network Customer Service

Sat

Same story here!!

I got the dish last month for $39.99 for two year contract, second month it is increased by $5 which I have to pay another 23 months??

How could Dish justify this type of practice? if there is an rate increase in near future they have to inform us before signing the contract.

Very interesting contract terms!! one party can do anything like increasing the charge by any amount any time but other party cannot breach contract with out fine. Very nice trap for the customers. I really don't understand the meaning of a CONTRACT. Does anybody know this type of contract is legal? If they can hike the rate anytime why should we go for a two year contract, can stay on month to month basis by paying few more dollars for installation.