I'm extremely dissapointed in Dish Network.A few of my favorite channels have been down for several days.

I just got off the phone with tech support who transferred me to an account specialist when I objected to the $15 charge for a service call. I asked that the fee be waived as the problem is not my doing. He refused to waive the $15 and I threatened to cancel the contract and he told me it would be $12 per month cancellation fee. Dish Network, Hugo, MN.

3/16/2010.

Spoke to customer service, tech support and live chat online.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Santa Clara, California, United States #698633

The receiver is supposed to be free.They are now charging me $7.00 dollars a mo for it.

It is the same original receiver I've had the whole 5+ years.Ripped off again.

Hi, this is Alicia Brink.I'm with the Executive Offices of DISH Network.

I understand your frustration. When you have equipment leased through us it is still under warranty and we cover the cost to replace the equipment if needed. If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost.

Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan. Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. Our goal is to provide customers satisfaction.Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel.

Customer "ALSO PISSED" if this has not been resolved I would be more than happy to look at your account given the situation and see what we may be able to do for you.You can email me at Alicia.Brink@DISHNetwork.com

We have been good customers (never late on a payment) of Dish Network for over five years.During that time we had no problems and the product was fine, however, earlier this year we decided to upgrade to HD service.

Just getting it through to their customer service people that we wanted to upgrade was an ordeal. Horrible customer service. Finally, the service was installed. The installer set up a new dish on a pole in our yard and refused to bury the cable going to the house.

He said the ground was too hard? Hmmmm, he was able to dig a hole for the pole. (?) Our service went out a couple months later and a service tech had to be sent to check the installation. Same person.

He re-pointed the dish. It was then spring and he still would not bury the cable but instead instructed us on how deep the cable should be placed in the ground! We took care of it ourselves. Our next bill included unauthorized charges for a "service warranty" which consisted of a posting fee (?) of $7.20 and a recurring monthly fee of $6!

Also, a $15 fee for the service call to fix their malfunctioning equipment. I called customer service...they would remove the warranty (which we never authorized in the first place) for a $25 fee!!!!!!...and charge an additional $80 for the service call. I spoke to a supervisor for whom English was noticeably a second language, and got nowhere. We are presently stuck with the unauthorized monthly fee that increases our bill by $6 a...

We are obligated to a 2 yr contract that we had to enter into in order to receive the HD upgrade. As soon as the two years are up (or sooner if possible) we will be dropping this horrible company!!! BUYER BEWARE.

We will be writing our state Attorney General's office about the fraudulent "service warranty" fees.This company needs to be stopped, NOW.