When did the saying change to "the customer is always wrong"?Condensending customer service representatives (i.e., and I quote, "Ms., look out your window, is there snow coming down?") to rude customer service supervisors - one hung up on me!; their treatment of customers is astonishing.

After a representative ensured I was no longer contract, I called to proudly cancel my service to find out that it will cost me $75 as there is 6 months left on the contract. Not to mention the double billing. I have spent 4+ hours on these issues with resolve.

All I get is double talk and no one who can fix the problem.How are they still in business, especially with 800 attorney general complaints in my state alone!

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

they are rude as can be.i have never spoken to such a smart-*** loser in my whole life.

i ended up hanging up on him so not to cuss him out for being so rude. just answer the customer questions.

if you dont like your job, get another one losers!!!they also ripped off a friend of mine for $400!!!

I agree,

I understand how sometimes it can get frustrating trying to wait for a rep on the phone. If you have an issue that you would like addressed I would be more than happy to look at it for you. We make every effort to assist customers in a timely manner with all their needs. Please feel free to email me. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Um, ok,

We appreciate your feedback and would love the opportunity to address your concern and apply your feedback to ensure customer satisfaction. Please email me with more details.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

Sheffield, Massachusetts, United States #234471

The name of this website is pissedconsumer, but they *** a word for ignorant that rhymes with cupid. Go figure.

Sheffield, Massachusetts, United States #234470

Yep, I have an ongoing issue with them, too.I've been hung up on by Dish than any other company I've ever dealt with.

I am not rude when I talk to them.

I don't ask *** questions.I just do what I'm told, "Hold." NOW I know that in Dish Network speak, that actually means, "Listen to the music, waste 15 minutes of your life and then listen for the click of disconnection, then call back and repeat the entire process."

Hi, this is Alicia Brink.I'm with DISH Network.

I understand your frustration and I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. When you have equipment leased through us it is still under warranty and we cover the cost to replace the equipment if needed.

If a technician is required to make a home visit there is a charge for that but we will not charge you any additional fees to replace the equipment if needed. Because we understand it may be difficult for customers we do offer a service plan to help with this cost. Our service plan is like no other company out there. We have taken the needs of our customers and created a resolution for them through our service plan.

Our service plan is available at any time even if you already have an existing issue. Our goal is to provide customers satisfaction. . We do have several centers located within the US, however keep in mind that we are an equal opportunity employer.

Some times it may be difficult to understand someone with an accent that differs from yours, whether they are located in the US or not.Because we make every effort to give you information needed if you are unable to get that successfully over the phone you can always visit us...

dishnetwork has the worst customer service i have ever seen. they rip off their long-term customer and the agents love to tell you" this is company policy. i cannot do anything about it".

I have been a customer of dish for 5+ years and paid a lot of $. Today I called dishnetwork for fixing an issue of my receiver. The first person I talked to told me I should buy a service plan and then cancel it after the service call. I asked him if there are any other charges, he said ABSOLUTELY NOT. I went ahead and added the service plan $6 a month.

Soon after that I realized I should have tried a few other things before setting up a service visit. I called them and said I wanted to cancel the appointment as well as the service. They cancelled the appt but the guy asked me to pay $25 cancellation fee. After I argued, he said it is company policy.

I cannot believe they rather spend 40 minutes with me on the phone which is way more than $25 dollars and hurt a long term customer. It is a horrible feeling for me as a user of their service for so long. It is a company that doesn't give their agent any power to help customers in cases like mine.

$25 is not a big deal for most people. However, they simply don't get it. It is another of those companies that will fail soon.

This is what the cable company tried to tell people and explain to them.If you had cable services though bright house networks there would not be any service charges or Additional charges for HD services.

Also our customer service is LOCAL. no other sea's rep's....

You should look into that if it's available in your area...We had great dish win back specials.

We have been good customers (never late on a payment) of Dish Network for over five years.During that time we had no problems and the product was fine, however, earlier this year we decided to upgrade to HD service.

Just getting it through to their customer service people that we wanted to upgrade was an ordeal. Horrible customer service. Finally, the service was installed. The installer set up a new dish on a pole in our yard and refused to bury the cable going to the house.

He said the ground was too hard? Hmmmm, he was able to dig a hole for the pole. (?) Our service went out a couple months later and a service tech had to be sent to check the installation. Same person.

He re-pointed the dish. It was then spring and he still would not bury the cable but instead instructed us on how deep the cable should be placed in the ground! We took care of it ourselves. Our next bill included unauthorized charges for a "service warranty" which consisted of a posting fee (?) of $7.20 and a recurring monthly fee of $6!

Also, a $15 fee for the service call to fix their malfunctioning equipment. I called customer service...they would remove the warranty (which we never authorized in the first place) for a $25 fee!!!!!!...and charge an additional $80 for the service call. I spoke to a supervisor for whom English was noticeably a second language, and got nowhere. We are presently stuck with the unauthorized monthly fee that increases our bill by $6 a...

We are obligated to a 2 yr contract that we had to enter into in order to receive the HD upgrade. As soon as the two years are up (or sooner if possible) we will be dropping this horrible company!!! BUYER BEWARE.

We will be writing our state Attorney General's office about the fraudulent "service warranty" fees.This company needs to be stopped, NOW.

Dish Network is a total rip off tried to cancel my contract not happy with the channels i was paying 10 dollars more for comcast and had hd dvr and all the chanels i liked dish does'nt give you all the channels unless you pay then have to pay for your tuner up front the customer service was very rude I will not ever use Dish AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!