I'm not just disappointed I am livid. I recently moved to a small town and the only option for cable is satellite.

A few years ago I had the unfortunate opportunity to be a DISH customer so I switched providers. I thought maybe after all the time and having moved 2000 miles there might be a difference. NOT! My initial order was not correct, the billing was screwed up and after 1 short month the receiver quit working.

First call was about my bill, the customer service rep explained to me that the charge of $44.43 was to be credited to my account although this never happened. When I called about not having a DVR I was informed that it would cost me an extra $100 dollars to get one in addition I may be charged for the repair of the faulty receiver but they couldn't determine the end result at the time of the phone call even though I had purchased the equipment protection plan. I told the customer service rep. that I would not pay for the mistakes of DISH and if they wanted to keep me as a customer they'd better come up with something better than charging me.

Nothing would do so I stated I was cancelling my account to which I was told I'd be charged for the balance of my service contract no matter I'll deny the charges on my CC as soon as they hit the account. I still have the faulty equipment and will be charged for it's full value if I don't pay $17.00 to have it shipped back.

End result Yep! I'll send the equipment back but I do intend to make my experience known in as many places on the internet as possible along with filing complaints with the BBB and the Consumer Protection Agency, I may go as far as filing a complaint with the Attorney General and the FCC......I work hard for my money and will not be pushed around by these large corporations who think they can do no wrong.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Internet Service.

Comments

a simple man,

I saw your post and just wanted to share some information. In case there was any confusion to what Daniel Busa stated, we acknowledged that there *wasn't* supposed to be any charge for the issue since it was still under warranty.

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding and hope that helps. If you have any questions, please let me know at michael.lemar@dish.com.

why was fixing the receiver an issue to start with if he had paid for the equipment protection plan???does dish network NOT honor their own warranty?

Hello, this is Dan Busa with DISH Social Media. After reading your post I would like to offer clarification on one item. We only charge to repair receivers if they are out of warranty or the equipment was damaged beyond repair. Being that your receiver failed within a month there should have been no repair fees. I will be more than happy to review your situation further to see how I can help you. Please email me at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

Daniel Busa