I called Dish a year ago because I was interested in the Hopper. I was told on the phone about the plan and was NEVER told about a 2 year contract or cancellation policy or told what the price would go up to after 12 months.

After a huge nightmare getting it installed, the installer had me sign a paper on his way out and didn't leave me a copy. The boxes never worked correctly. I called them out several times but the problems never were fixed. I finally gave up and when my new bill came that was much higher decided to switch to another company.

When I called to cancel my Dish I was informed of a cancellation fee. The people I spoke to were so rude and could care less about trying to retain me as a customer. Instead of trying to find a new plan and get someone out to finally fix the problems they were just rude. I told the guy I was not informed of the 2 year contract and requested several times to have them send me the contract that they have my signature on but they haven't.

I was informed to pay the cancellation fee and file a lawsuit. I have filed complaints with as many agencies as I can and will tell everyone I can to avoid Dish at all costs. After seeing the complaints of thousands of others who dealt with the same problem, I'm sure eventually it will catch up to them.

It's a shame that instead of providing great service at reasonable prices to retain customers, Dish feels "bullying" customers into saying is the best way. Thankfully I have a big mouth and will try to save as many people from this experience as I can!

Review about: Dish Network Installation.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #678495

Anonymous,

I saw your post and would like to assist you in getting this looked into! What exactly was going on with the equipment?

If you could plesae email me at michael.lemar@dish.com with some of the details, as well as your account number, I would be happy further assist you. Thank you for your efforts!