8.8K views

I cancelled my Dish service (We hated it from the start of the long two year contract) and received two boxes in the mail that included shipping labels and packing instructions.

I had rented one DVR receiver and two standard HD receivers, plus had purchased one receiver. Dish sent two boxers, one for the DVR receiver and the other for two standard HD receivers.

Since I could not find instructions that specified exactly what two standard receivers to ship back, I simply packed the first two I from my stack of three and shipped them to Dish.

I later got a call from Dish saying I would owe them $200 dollars since they had not received all their rented equipment. I called their customer service department and was explained I had shipped three receivers and expected my account to be closed and my unused fees to be refunded.

The customer service rep explained that they could not verify I had shipped back three receivers and needed to check with her warehouse. She told me she would email the warehouse and we should expect a replay in 10 days ( I wonder if they send their email via the post office)

I ask the representative to assure me that Dish would not charge my account $200 since I had returned what I thought I was expected under my agreement with Dish. She told me not to worry, I would not be charged and we would hear back from them.

One week later I got an email saying my account had been charged, so I called Dish and spoke with one representative who seemed confused, when I asked to speak to her supervisor she put me on hold and after about 15 minutes the call was disconnected.

I called back, spoke to another service agent and he transferred me to Eddie Muro who called himself a Customer Resolution Executive. I explained to Eddie I had shipped one DVR and two standard receivers to dish and expected not to pay $200 and to receive all credits due.

After some discussion Eddie Muro from Dish Network came to the correct conclusion that my one remaining receiver must be the rented receiver not the purchased receiver (they are exactly the same). He said that since I had to return the rented receiver or face the $200 charge.

I asked Eddie if they could just take the paid for receiver and call it a closed case. Eddie said Dish had discarded that receiver. I asked if that meant they threw it in the trash and I never got a straight answer.

After some discussion I told Eddie I would send back his worthless to me receiver if he would assure me that I would not be charged $200 and not be forced to pay shipping charges again.

Eddie and I then spent well over 50 minutes on the phone, Eddie was sure I had received instructions explaining exactly what to ship, I assured him I hadn't. Eddie also indicated the receiver I owned had no value to Dish but the identical rented receiver would cost me $200 if not returned.

Eddie Muro said he would send am email asking Dish to delay charging my account but he could not assure that it would indeed not be charged before I could ship the worthless to receiver.

I asked Eddie Muro of Dish if I could speak to his supervisor. I was placed on hold many times, generally for over 5 minutes, once told I would have to wait over 10 minutes then finally told I could get a call back in maybe 10 minutes maybe 24-48 hours.

BOTTOM LINE: DISH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THE RECEIVER, THEY HAVE CONFUSING PROCESSES FOR CUSTOMERS EXITING THEIR RELATIONSHIP WITH DISH.

I CAN'T SAY THEY HAVE MADE THESE PROCESSES CONFUSING ON PURPOSE BUT IF YOU DO SOME RESEARCH YOU CAN SEE THAT DISH IS GENERATING A NICE SUM OF REVENUE FROM THE CONFUSION THEIR CANCELLATION PROCESSES HAVE CREATED

DISH PROMISES A SMOOTH *** INTO THE WORD HD TV, BUT THEY FAIL TO WARN CONSUMERS ABOUT THE ROUGH LANDING..DISH SHOPPERS BEWARE!

Review about: Dish Network Receiver.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

Darlington, South Carolina, United States #1248933

never pay dish with anything but a credit card that has a dispute policy to credit you for bogus charges. you would have to provide the proof (letter) confirming Dish received your equipment (only) and the charge would be reversed. Problem solved.

#1141972

All cable/satellite companies are the same I have worked for two others & most are call centers that are just vendors & don't have access to all the information at the warehouses directly.(Also the warehouses are vendor sites too).

Supervisors may be in another location or both the rep & sup work from home, so you have to rely on 'chat' in order to get one to help, they aren't right there to come over to help you.

Just saying....they all work the same way.

You need to beware when dealing with any company in todays competitive environment.They all have their pluses and minuses an they can change daily, because of companies trying to increase their bottom line or hiring poor employees or having poorly trained employees.

You may get angry at one company and jump out of one frying pan, into another, or worse.I don't think that most companies or employees try to deceive customers, rather their is miscommunication or a poor process on the companies part that leads to upset customers.

Glad I red this note as I was going to use them.. Now I think O will use Direct. Thanks for the note

Ardmore, Oklahoma, United States #962002

I just got a call 2 months after returning a defective receiver and getting a confirmation email they had received it.Now I get a call saying I'll be charged if I don't return it!

I call them saying I returned it and I got a cofirmation email 2 months ago. I don't have anything else to send you! The rep said she'd document my call but couldnt guarantee I'd not get charged!!

I said I better not or I'll leave the service and go to direct.She said "I'm sorry ma'am but there are no records here that you ever returned it" Unbelievable that such a profitable company can't even keep track of this stuff.

Placerville, California, United States #957044

Same story with us.Three months now, after we mailed everything back to them, and they confirmed they got our package, and soon after have been sending us bills for the equipment we already sent back, stating they never got it.

Each time we talk to them they say they will fix it.

But they don't.Worst company EVER!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #932896

I am a senior citizen woman who lives alone.Dish TV has told me that I have to climb up on my roof to remove parts from the dish to return to them.

If I managed to get on my roof, and I fell off, I could lay in my very private backyard with a broken hip until I died. I did not put this antenna on my roof, their contractor did, years ago. This equipment is long paid for, in my opinion, and they are ordering me to put my very life and health in jeopardy. I have told them that they can come and retrieve this equipment at their own expense, the same way that it got here, years ago as I have said.

I can see that I am going to have a battle with them in the future over them trying to make me pay a ridiculous amount for an obsolete piece of junk.What's wrong with these people?

Bellaire, Ohio, United States #913443

I am having this same issue with Dish.I returned my equipment over 3 years ago.

Got a letter from a collection agency that I owe dish for my unreturned equipment. I have no proof after 3 years that I did send it. I called dish, they were very rude, and basically told me, pay it or we will make you pay it.

I will never ever ever ever consider dish, and if I move to a home without cable access I will do without before ever using them.

Stay away people, stay away.

Muskego, Wisconsin, United States #882566

I will never use that company again. Horrible.

I was sent a replacement receiver and also was sent instructions on how to mail back old one..long story short I followed instructions even had my fed ex confirmation.and one month later had a 199.99 charge on my bill,they said they never received the box! Called and told them I mailed it and that I had confirmation...got the whole wait another month to see if we receive it..Bs....after I said cancel my service they magically found it! I really think they are scamming people