I was told that my rates would remain the same until the end of my contract in 2013. Yeah, right!

I am signed up for autopay (free HBO "for life" - hmmmmm - probably not), and I check every month to see what I'm being charged. Every month I have to remove the $6/month "service protection charge", which is supposed to be optional, but it's added (and I have to remove it) every single month.

Up to now, the rates have been what they should be - around $48. But today when I log in, it's up to $66.14 - removed the $6 as usual, but I have no idea where the other additional charges came from.

We have a very minimal package, and no extras like HBO, etc. - $60 for what we are getting is absolutely obscene. Especially since we have lots of artifacts in the picture, lose the picture every time a cloud goes by, and have a bad timer somewhere - no matter what we set the timers for, we lose the last minute or so of every show. (We have yet to see a complete show of ANYTHING!!!!)

I think we'll just bide our time for a few months until the cancellation fee gets down to a reasonable level. I started putting together a "cord cutting" package as soon as I realized this was a lost cause, and, when Dish is finally gone, it's going to be a no-brainer to join the ranks of the cord-cutters...

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

TommyF@DISH

Otterpup,

I can understand why this would be frustrating to you. I would be happy to assist you with this.

The $6 charge should stay off the account unless it's re-added. I can check that out with you. You can always try unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds and plugging it back in for the signal loss, but if it happens that constantly the dish may need to be repoitned for peak angles.

For the increase to around $60 (minus the Protection Plan), it sounds like it may be related to the promotional price expiring. Our new customers receive a promo discount for the first 12 months of service. The price freeze on our America's Top and DISH America programming packages started on 2/1/11 covers the base cost of programming, and does not include any special promotions.

If you have any questions or would like me to look at anything you can reach out to me here. If you wish to discuss the account, since it would be sensitive information, send me an email to thomas.faust@dish.com for further assistance!

Tommy Faust

DISH Social Media Representative

free HD for life is what you get on auto pay. That's the deal advertised and that's what we get.