I reduced my rent substantially by moving to a senior complex that does not allow satellite equipment. I was 6 months into my contract. I requested a statement or letter stating my earlier termination fee to present to Charter who will pay DISH. After numerous phone calls and speaking with three supervisors and one "fraud" department person, I was refused a written statement or letter. I first must close my account which will pile on the whole $340 (I have been paying them $20 a month set up when I moved) in addition to Charter.

How ridiculous is it that a company can not produce a piece of paper to assist their customer in a transition that is in their best interest. I hesitated to close the DISH account because they will take the money from the account you began service with. I have "bitten the bullet today" and pray that the timing for this huge charge and the payment from Charter work well so I am not hanging out there. If it does not I have spent money out of savings that I really could not afford.

What's wrong with this picture? This is the worst customer service practice I have encountered in all my years and remember I said I was a senior citizen. I vow that DISH will not see me or anyone I know or can influence on their customer account list. No repeats from this gal.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of dish network account. Dish Network needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dish network account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dish Network.

Comments

Mesa, Arizona, United States #950419

Dish will bill the fee on the regularly times schedule. It takes 30 days from the date the account was cancelled, and the remaining portion of time to arrive to you.

The contract does stipulate that the contract and all associated balances are the customers responsibility, so there is no obligation to fit the timeline of another competitor. That is not bad CS. That is business. They do not care if you pay this, or if Comcast does, but just for fun, tell Comcast to just pay $340, and you will just submit the bill to them when you get it.

They will tell you no.. Because they need their ducks in a row as well. Lastly, the senior citizen living facility cannot deny you satellite service. They can only deny it being placed in common areas, or structurally damaging areas.

This is a mandate by the FCC. Google "Rights to Dish" and it will describe the FCC rulings and regulations for personal satellite TV use.