My disabled son (48) was able to move into his own apartment on February 23, 2014. Since he has no credit and is on disability I co-signed for him to have dish installed.

On December 4, 2014 his apartment burned down and he was displaced. He lost everything. The dish equipment was DESTROYED in that fire. I cannot return the equipment and I want me name to be removed off this account.

Equifax informed me of this matter. PLEASE REMOVE this lien from my name: Carol Worley. I called Afni and Conversion who bought this collection account and they referred me back to you to remove.

I could provide the newspaper of this fire if needed. Please advise.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective at Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants Dish Network to "this lien to be removed from equifax".

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network and dish network tv service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1189738

Don't worry, no one has put a "lien" on your property. Dish has reported to the credit reporting companies the fact that you have a delinquent bill.

This will affect your credit score, but little else. When you co-signed for your son, you became equally liable for the charge. You could have just paid Dish what they said the cost of the missing equipment was, thus avoiding the hassle. It is not Dish's fault the apartment burned.

They are still missing the equipment. When you signed the agreement with Dish you agreed to return all equipment upon termination of the service. You did not. Thus, the charge.

At this point you will probably be contacted by a collection company but even if you pay what they say you owe---which includes service charges, etc. in addition to the original equipment cost---your credit score will remain lowered.

In other words, don't pay anyone as the damage has been done. Just get on with life.