Update by user Feb 21, 2013

Yup!!! That's the way to scsre them off!

Same thing happened to me with BIG O Tire! I was taking them to court....and a couple days before the hearing, the Manager wanted to resolve the issue after they told me I wasn't allowed on their property again! But I did all my hoemework, and caught them in a BIG LIE!!

They got scared and knew they would lose in court!!! :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Original review posted by user Feb 18, 2013

I had called DISH NETWORK to cancel after I was with them for 3 years. I spoke with one of the Customer Service Reps and told them I was cancelling because I was switching to DIRECT TV.

The Rep told me that they would send me the box to return the equipment (along with the free postage) I received the box and packed all my equipment, along with my remoter controls. I called them a second time before taking it to the UPS store. I asked the Rep distinctly if I would be charged additional fees because I felt that the box seemed a bit heavy. She told me that she was positive my equipment was under 15 lbs.

and not to worry about it. That it would be fine. The return postage label was paid for up to 15 lbs. A couple weeks after I cancelled, DISH had been calling me everyday, leaving me messages, and stating that I owe $39.50...My last bill was only $20.

I called them after I heard the message and talked to another Rep. I told him I had called before I sent the equipment back, and told him I spoke with a rep before I returned the equipment, and she told me there would be no additional charges. He tried to explain to me why the charges were higher, but I refused to listen to him..I told him that they told me false things and I was NOT going to pay the additional fees. He put me on hold and then came back on the phone and told me they would waive the additional shipping fee.

So now I only owe the the $20 from what I owed in the beginning. DISH sure tries to get over on people!! It's a good thing I had cancelled my card on file with them a long time ago, or it would have been a worse scenario! DISH NETWORK ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES.

You have to know how to apply pressure on them to get what you want..Anybody else who tries to get over on me, Watch out!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #612263

Yup!!! That's the way to scare them off!

Same thing happened to me with BIG O Tire! I was taking them to court....and a couple days before the hearing, the Manager wanted to resolve the issue... after they told me I wasn't allowed on their property again! But I did all my homework, and caught them in a BIG LIE!!

They got scared and knew they would lose in court!!! :-)

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #612262

Yup!!! That's the way to scsre them off!

Naples, Florida, United States #611271

I cancelled Dish in Nov 2011. This morning I received a call from a collection agency saying I owed dish $41 and change.

This was for a $10 balance I supposedly owed them and balance for "shipping lasbels" for returning the equipment. I have never received a statement from dish and they will not send me one now. Thisd was the same story I got from Dish customer service. Told them I would not pay.

Bring on the class action suit againt them. They are rip off artists.

to Angry past customer Phoenix, Arizona, United States #612266

You just have to call them and demand that you do not owe them anymore than your $10 balance...If they do not want to resolve the issue, I would tell them that "I am going to report you to the BBB"...You have to stand your ground, and don't let them get a word in! Hopefully, they will understand that you are not messing around! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I meant sure! See how bad you scared me!

! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Oh and im sur everyone is afraid of you!!!! :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin