Update by user Aug 30, 2012

I e-mailed Raymond G. with DISH on July 31, 2012 from conroe, texas, US and he never responded (probably a PHISH-er).

My complaint to BBB has bounced back and forth between LA and Denver offices; I don\'t know if they even submitted complaint to DISH.

Original review posted by user Jul 30, 2012

For months after starting with Dish, pause or fast-forward for recorded or live TV caused a loss of audio, restorable only be turning the TV off and on (literally thousands of times).Various false fixes from dozens of calls to Dish included changing DVRs twice and the HD cable (for another of their garbage standard cables) and their second tier techs saying it was a software issue they were working on to be available in another month or two.

Finally another tech came out, identified the problem as their garbage HD cable; hooked up composite cables to solve loss of sound issue but deprive me of HD picture quality which I pay extra for. Their Executive Resolutions member Jennifer Webber said she would locate the Tech who knew the issue and reimburse me $15 to buy the HD cable to give me HD picture wihout loss of audio. Then she failed to call me back in spite of several voice messages. Another Executive Resolutions member, Ralph, told me he personally gets HD quality picture with composite cables (something their tech and my eyes tell me is impossible) and Dish would do nothing further to resolve the issue.

So I pay for HD but don't get HD.Do not believe their recent ads about superior customer service; it is no service, just aggravation and no help.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

steve,

I'm sorry to hear about that and can definitely understand how you could find that frustrating!Allow me to help you with that and improve your experience with us.

What would be a big help is if you could email me your account number so I can go over it and see what I can do.My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I appreciate your efforts!

I had dish for awhile and it was a nightmare.They sent 2 inexperienced kids out who spent the whole time messing with each other and infighting because they were also roomates/lovers/whatever.

I don't care and even thought it was adorable that a couple was working together except they did a horrible job. They put up 2 dishes and neither one got a decend signal. Then they told me some weird convoluted story about enabling one room from another wirelessly, but gave me no actual method to connect the wireless room. Also they showed up with contrary information to that which I had received when ordering service, so they had all wrong info on services, boxes, etc.

I dealt with them and their crappy *** partnership with another company for internet, but after about a year, actually as soon as cable became available, I left them. They never wanted their boxes back and after another 2 years I put them out in the trash.

Dish network also gave service that went out with the slightest hint of rain or cloudiness. I know they didn't install those freaking dishes right, as other neighbors had dish w/ no problem during rain.

ours always went out with any little wind or rain.

And the guy screwed up my wood trim when installing it.They sent a letter about having their insurance cover it but we fixed it ourselves with silicon.

I can completely understand your frustration. I would like the opportunity to correct this issue for you. Please feel free to email me directly. I have left my contact information below.

Raymond Gonzales