Moved to another state had 12mo left on contract.Dish came out to hook up satellite at new address told no line of sight just call and cancel.

I call to canel and they tell me they are going to charge me $216 early termination fee. I explain I am not terminating early you can no longer provide the service. They inform me to read my contract. I as where in the contract does it state this.

The show me to the section with *** that states moving location does warrant to void remainder of contract. To which I explain I am not voiding the contract because I moved you can no longer provide me with service so Dish is actually voided the contract. I would like to stay with dish if they could provide me with service but they can not. They try to explain to me that unable to provide service and moving mean the same thing in the contract.

I explain to them that their contract is quite lengthy and nowhere does it mention that if you move and they are unable to get a signal I am charged a termination fee. They again state that moving and no line of sight is the same thing. I am not a lawyer but should it not say in the contract that no line of sight if you move still means you have to pay early termination?

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Conroe, Texas, United States #758604

neodoc,

I saw your post and please understand that the terms of agreement in the contract you sign are instated given that we were able to establish service at your original place of residence. These terms need to uphold if you change your residence as we're never able to guarantee service at another location once your account and service is initially established.

Our technician will do everything he/she can to determine a line of sight for the signal at your new home, but again, we're unable to make any guarantees. Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can further assist you.