3.2
Coverage Area

I was so happy with my DISH services until this year. I liked the extra channels each month etc. Whenever I called with a technical issue, someone was patient and helpful BUT:I called in January to place my services on hold as I knew we’d be gone for almost 3 months. Although the DISH representative was difficult to understand from her accent she never NEVER mentioned a fee, so I was surprised to find I was charged $5/month (Directv didn’t do that when I would suspend service) plus the continued rental of equipment.I talked to a representative in February about that fee and although he,too, had an accent, I could understand his better! He offered to refund the $5/month and gave me a discounted $20/month off the billing price when I would resume the services.My last bill reflects neither of these offers. And, Joy (#506?) who 'helped' me cancel my services had quite the attitude! And my final bill is at least $20. more than I was paying. I do not know where this number came from …..no $20 discount or $15. rebate. She did offer me $30/month discount to continue service …reflected sometime in the future…..I apologize, there is no trust left when the prior offer is not reflected in my bill. As I explained to her, my shock of going from $14 to $155…..7/8/2015: I did go in and pay what I saw on the website on 6/2/2015 as I wanted to call back and again protest but I couldn’t bear arguing again. Then I received a paper bill (for $10.) and a phone call that I would be sent to collection. Do you realize how insulting this is that I can get huge discounts to come back to your service but you won’t forgive $10?????? When you also didn’t rebate the $15…..or follow through on the $20/month discount??????I called and spoke with David; although he was pleasant, he couldn’t help. Then the letter from the collection agency ....for $10. After several years of prompt payment and being a loyal customer.

debbBing wrote the review because of poor customer service at Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $55 and wants Dish Network to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was new customer service outsourced and no follow through on customer rep promises. Author liked the most discounts and old customer service before it was outsourced. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network dish satellite tv for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

SatelliteFan
Mesa, Arizona, United States #1008555

As a customer, even receiving a $20 per month discount, the company is still making profit. As a former customer, forgiving $10(likely for the return labels) waiving that fee provides them 0 to profit.

They are a for profit business, and to be honest, this is not something that will keep you from coming back.

Those that don't come back, do not for all other issues, this is just a convienent issue to make the claim to. This treatment will be on par with any provider.