Dishnetwork inserts their ads at a much higher volume than the networks they carry -it is devasting on HD channels when you have your surround system running.New Year's Eve was the worst and it blew out the center channel of my Harman Kardon AVR system.

While watchning CNN's NYE coverage, in High Def, I had my system fairly loud to enjoy the events. Next thing I know, DishNetwork inserted an ESPN or some kind of sports PPV ad -it was so loud, I don't recall the exact commercial, but it ended up blowing out my center channel. I am so friggin' pissed I can't see straight. I've written them with my complaint -I'll update this when I get a response.

I'm also going to file a complaint with the FCC because a quick internet search reveals that I'm not the only person who has been affected by the volume of their ad inserts.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

I understand completely how frustrating it is when you have your TV set a a volume that you enjoy then a commercial comes on and it is a lot higher then the programming.I can assure you that this is not something DISH network had implemented.

This is controlled but the commercial advertiser itself.

We are always open to suggestions and ideas and I would be more than happy to submit your concern forward.If you would like more information or have other questions feel free to email me directly.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com