6.5K views
4.3
Coverage Area

I received an offer to purchase a Polk Audio FR1 Soundbar and Subwoofer from the Dishnetwork Authorized Installer. After the demonstration I was hooked and made the purchase.

About 3 hours after getting this equipment, I decided to relocate the bar and subwoofer. After connecting the power cord to the soundbar it would not power up. By jiggling the cord I noticed that the indicator light would blink off and on but would not stay powered up.

I placed a call to the Dishnetwork Tech Support and informed them that a piece of equipment that was purchased that day was defective. I was given two options; return the equipment and receive a credit for the returned item or call Polk Audio Warranty Department.

Needless to say, I was not thrilled by Dishnetwork for not "THINKING OUT OF THE BOX!" and having another technician replace the defective equipment.

After making the call to Polk Audio, I informed them that there appeared to be an "electrical short" on the "Female" portion of the electrical connector. I had stated that the equipment was not even "24 Hours" old when the damage occurred.

After giving the serial number from the back of the soundbar to the Polk Audio Technician, he immediately informed me that I would have a replacement within 2 business days. Only stipulation was that I needed to return the "Defective Soundbar" so they could do a quality assessment on the equipment.

Dishnetwork is usually a great provider of technical support and service, but when they offer a "Third Party Vendor Item" I feel that they should have attempted to replace the item especially if it was only a day old.

Polk Audio has great Warranty Service!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of dish network technical support and associated monetary loss in the amount of $400. Dish Network needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dish network technical support in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dish Network.

Comments

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa #1233412

My FRI POLK SOUNDBAR QUIT, THE WHITE LITE IS IN STANDBY MODE. NONE OF THE LED LIGHTS SHOW UP WHEN I GIVE IT A COMMAND BY THE REMOTE OR MANUALLY.

WHAT CAN I DO. PLEEEEEZ HELP

Galveston, Texas, United States #1181073

I've had my soundbar for 6 months and moved it maybe twice only to develop the same electrical problem last night. Since yesterday was Sunday and today is July 4th I can't contact customer service.

I have a big family gathering at my home every 4th of July and was planning to play the synchronized music to fireworks display tonight. Very disappointed with product failure!

You ever think maybe your outlet is bad, honestly dude, you moved it!!!!

to Anonymous #1181075

I'm sure the original person who posted his issue chose not to respond to your obviously *** comment but I couldn't resist! When you wiggle a connection at the source of the appliance and the power light flashes, I think that's a pretty good indication that it's the appliance and not at the wall!

Same problem I have!