Update by user May 28, 2011

Dish Network Corporation

9601 South Meridian Blvd

Englewood, CO 80112

Dish Network Corporation defrauded my Senior Citizen Father, in an Organized Scam using deceptive trade practices. I’m trying my best as a son to protect my father from the Dish Network Scam by helping him in complaints and dealings from him being a further victim of Dish Network Scam and related issues.

In July, August of 2010 through misleading Marketing ads and deception, Dish Network and Authorized Dealers targeted my Retired Senior Citizen Father, in good standing within our community and a longtime Time Warner cable customer for their Promotion of $24.99 / month for Americas Top 120 channels (for 12 months) and the remaining 12 months the price being locked in at $39.99,(Copy of Ad available) in joining them by signing under Undue influence a contract AFTER the Dish system WAS INSTALLED and pressure inserted towards my father in signing. Complaint was made on that day to the authorized dealer retailer of Dish Network and Dish Network .The original verbal agreement was done on August 19th 2010 the day before with the for the promotion with payment made. The contract was backdated by pressure from the Dish Authorized installer since my senior citizen father was mislead in signing the local authorized Dish Retailers workorder copy also which signed under undue influence which pressured himin signing the other copy. No signed copy was also given on the day and recieved from Dish later in the mail after complaint. (transcripts /documentation/other evidence available only for criminal proceedings and court order). Dish Network Corporation was fully aware of this act which was the backbone to their future criminal activity against my father.

On January 5th, 2011 As a new customer, under this promotion, contacted Dish Network for advice as their client and new customer if there was any option that he could freeze account by holding it while we were on vacation( a Hindu Pilgrimage in India), and resuming it when we got back. Dish Network advised on Dish Pause as the best option, stating that it would only cost us $5.00 monthly charge for Dish Pause duration. The account would remain active and resume back when we returned. (Transcripts available). (NOTE: dish Network did not advise, that it would forfeit our $24.99 rate and our lock in rate for the remaining 24 months of resumed service). They knowingly omitted this key piece of information.

On March 11th, 2011 Contacted Dish Network for resuming services and shockingly find out that previous promotion was forfeited due to Disk Pause and the terms of the promotion had been changed. His monthly bill now was almost doubled from 24.99 now to 44.99 for Americas top 120 package.

We Protested to Dish Network why they did not disclosed to us on January 5th. They were apologetic but the situation was not resolved. They did not resume my original service due to the situation not being resolved. (Transcripts available)

On March 12th, 2011 Again Contacted Dish Network in verifying and stating his original pricing before service is resumed, the issue was resolved and his original service was resumed at that original promotional pricing of America top 120 package that he had before. (Transcript available).

On April 6th, 2011 After checking the bill and noticing that prices were doubled and overcharged. They have removed 24.99 monthly price ($15.00 remaining monthly credits from the $39.99 per month) and started charging $44.99 per monthly charge, plus advanced monthly charge for the same amount which is locked in for the remaining term of the 24 months of the promotional months without the promotional pricing that he had signed up for. He Contacted Dish Network. They stated that his original agreed upon promotional price was forfeited. Again complained and protested. (Transcripts available) related to the current dispute of overcharged billing and what the current bill should be. Also advised them that the future automatic withdrawals if not corrected with the promotional pricing that was agreed upon will also be overcharged and be in dispute every month.

On April 9th, 2011 Sent a letter of Complaint to Dish Network, and their Corporate Officers via email system. (email transcript available)

On April 9th 2011 Received short email back from Dish Network stating that the complaint has been addressed however Dish did not give any proper explanation in their deceptive trade practices against senior citizen consumer in wrongfully charging. (Email transcripts available)

Since then till now, Dish Network is continuing to violate my Senior Citizen Father and enslave him with a bogus contract of August 20th with their wrongful practices while stealing from his Account. Complaints were made to the FTC, BBB, and Attorney Generals as well as the Credit Card Company. Dish Network, Corporate Policymakers/ employees seem to operate with Immunity from any serious federal / state criminal Prosecution. My Senior Citizen father\'s Rights were violated; He is a victim and is continuing to suffer in health and welfare due to Dish Networks Scam. He is a responsible consumer we have done everything reasonable to resolve the dispute. The Corporation has received only \"slap\" on the wrist from previous federal and state litigation and settlement. I pray for sincere stronger punitive action that results in criminal conviction for the policymakers at the highest corporate level in the Dish Network organization in this fraudulent racket. Also since this is a public corporation, and behalf of Investors and the public I hope the SEC also takes action for them violating their public status. I hope also the Department of Justice Civil Rights unit takes action to investigate my father’s civil rights being violated. I also hope the FCC takes action for the Dish Networks proxy Internet Sites use deception against consumers including complaints. I expect the Government using all tools necessary including the Rico Act under organized crime to prosecute the Corporate Executive Officers / employees in criminal prosecution. I hope also Consumer/Government Advocacy Organizations/ Pro-Bono Legal Councilors to defend and protect Senior Citizen / Minority Consumers from predator corporations such as Dish Network from any fraudulent and deceptive trade practices from their current, past and future actions. This is organized Crime perpetrated by Dish Network Corporation / their associates and their policy directed by their corporate officers. The company is getting away with wrongdoings against my father and many other consumers.

BTW: DISH NETWORK EMPLOYEES : I Wish for more Dish employee whistleblowers to become STATE AND FEDERAL WITNESSES in Criminal Prosecution cases against the Dish Network and Corporate Policymakers who commit fraud against the American Public.

Original review posted by user May 25, 2011

This is excerpts from my Senior Citizen Fathers Complaint

"In July, August of 2010 , I , a senior citizen, in good standing within our community and a longtime Time Warner cable customer was targeted by Dish Network and their Marketing Network for their Promotion of $24.99 / month for Americas Top 120 channels (for 12 months) and the remaining 12 months the price being locked in at $39.99. (Copy of Ad available)

On August 20th 2010

Dish Network installed /started services. (Copy of contract available)

On January 5th, 2011

As a new customer, under this promotion, contacted Dish Network for advice as their client and new customer if there was any option that I could freeze my account by holding it while we were on vacation( a Hindu Pilgrimage in India), and resuming it when we got back. Dish Network advised us on Dish Pause stating that it would only cost us $5.00 monthly charge for Dish Pause duration. The account would remain active and resume back when we returned. (Transcripts available).

(NOTE: dish Network did not advise us, that it would forfeit our $24.99 rate and our lock in rate for the remaining 24 months of resumed service). They knowingly omitted this key piece of information.

On March 11th, 2011

I Contacted Dish Network for resuming my services and I shockingly find out that my previous promotion was forfeited due to Disk Pause and the terms of the promotion had been changed. My monthly bill now was almost doubled from 24.99 now to 44.99 for Americas top 120 package.

I Protested to Dish Network why they did not disclosed to us on January 5th. They were apologetic but the situation was not resolved. They did not resume my original service due to the situation not being resolved. (Transcripts available)

On March 12th, 2011

Again I Contacted Dish Network in verifying and stating my original pricing before service is resumed, the issue was resolved and my original service was resumed at that original promotional pricing of America top 120 package that I had before. (Transcript available).

On April 6th, 2011

After checking my bill and noticing that prices were doubled and overcharged. They have removed my 24.99 monthly price ($15.00 remaining monthly credits from the $39.99 per month) and started charging me $44.99 per monthly charge, plus advanced monthly charge for the same amount which is locked in for the remaining term of the 24 months of the promotional months without the promotional pricing that I had signed up for. I Contacted Dish Network. They stated that my original agreed upon promotional price was forfeited. Again complained and protested. (Transcripts available)related to the current dispute of overcharged billing and what the current bill should be. Please also be advised that the future automatic withdrawals if not corrected with the promotional pricing that was agreed upon will also be overcharged and be in dispute every month.On April 9th, 2011

I sent a letter of Complaint to Dish Network, and their Corporate Officers via email system. (email transcript available)

On April 9th 2011

I received short email back stating that the complaint has been addressed without any proper explanation in their deceptive trade practices against senior citizen consumer in wrongfully charging me. (Email transcripts available)"

My Rights were violated, I am a victim and I expect the Government to defend and protect us Senior Citizen / Minority Consumer Cardholders users from predator corporations. Customers especially Senior Citizens expect the Government to protect consumers card users using its full weight/ and protections of the from any fraudulent and deceptive trade practices by predator corporation such as Dish Network and Crooked Executives who direct criminal policy fo defrauding the Consumer"

Comments

DFWGUJUNEWS,

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network. I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your pricing. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use; most of them will have promotions available. If you were offered a promotion or rebate through them you would have to return to them to get your promotion or rebate offer. With the DISH pause, I would be happy to look at possible options of getting these credits re-instated given the circumstances. In order to provide you with more information and options please email me directly. If you have any other questions please let us know. If you still have concerns about your bill or an increase you can email me.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

DFWGUJUNEWS

Dish Network Corporation

9601 South Meridian Blvd

Englewood, CO 80112

Since then till now, Dish Network is continuing to violate my Senior Citizen Father and enslave him with a bogus contract of August 20th with their wrongful practices while stealing from his Account. Complaints were made to the FTC, BBB, and Attorney Generals as well as the Credit Card Company. Dish Network, Corporate Policymakers/ employees seem to operate with Immunity from any serious federal / state criminal Prosecution. My Senior Citizen father's Rights were violated; He is a victim and is continuing to suffer in health and welfare due to Dish Networks Scam. He is a responsible consumer we have done everything reasonable to resolve the dispute. The Corporation has received only "slap" on the wrist from previous federal and state litigation and settlement. I pray for sincere stronger punitive action that results in criminal conviction for the policymakers at the highest corporate level in the Dish Network organization in this fraudulent racket. Also since this is a public corporation, and behalf of Investors and the public I hope the SEC also takes action for them violating their public status. I hope also the Department of Justice Civil Rights unit takes action to investigate my father’s civil rights being violated. I also hope the FCC takes action for the Dish Networks proxy Internet Sites use deception against consumers including complaints. I expect the Government using all tools necessary including the Rico Act under organized crime to prosecute the Corporate Executive Officers / employees in criminal prosecution. I hope also Consumer/Government Advocacy Organizations/ Pro-Bono Legal Councilors to defend and protect Senior Citizen / Minority Consumers from predator corporations such as Dish Network from any fraudulent and deceptive trade practices from their current, past and future actions. This is organized Crime perpetrated by Dish Network Corporation / their associates and their policy directed by their corporate officers. The company is getting away with wrongdoings against my father and many other consumers.

Hello, my name is Dan Busa I work in DISH Network Customer Support I read your post and I would like to offer a little clarification and look into a resolution if none has been provided yet. Please e.mail me at: Daniel.Busa@DISHNetwork.com