I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically.I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive.
They informed me that there would be an early cancellation charge which I already knew about. I was on an autopay plan which debits my checking account automatically so that I don't have late payments. So a month after the last payment to dish network I see a $34.89 charge on my checking account to them. I called them at 800-894-9131 and after dealing with their automated menu system, was able to speak to a rep who asked me who I am and the last four digits of my social security number for verification.
I gave him this info and explained what happened and he informed my that when I sent back the receiver and remotes I used their shipping label & method of shipment and that they charged me accordingly. Had I used another method of shipment and label, I would not have been charged. I told the rep that I was not told in advance that I would be charged anything, nor was I given the option during my conversation with the previous rep of using another method of shipment or label to send the unit back, and that I felt the shipping charge should be refunded. He said it didn't matter and that there was nothing he could do, that because I used the shipping label and method, they were correct in charging my bank account for the shipping charge of $15.00.
I asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold and then came back on and said he was about to connect me. I waited and then I heard a click, and my call was disconnected. I called back, and the exact same thing happened again.
I called back a third time and spoke with Chantel, Operator ID# MER, who tried to reverse the charge but was unsuccessful. I said the next thing I'm going to do is call my bank and have them reverse the charges. She said she would connect me to a supervisor and I ended up talking to Christie, who informed me that on their contract it is written that they can charge me to use the shipping label, and that they DON'T TELL PEOPLE IN ADVANCE THAT THEY WILL BE CHARGED TO USE THE SHIPPING LABEL because they don't want people going to USPS to ship the receiver back because it may get lost and the customer would have to pay to replace it. I asked her several times to please reverse the charges and she said they were right to chrge the money to my checking account.
I informed her that not informing me in advance that I would incur a charge on my checking account is FRAUD, and that I would be informing my bank of the FRAUDULENT charges, filing a complaint against her company with the Secretary of the Treasury, and would also prevent her company from making any new charges on my checking account, tell everyone I know about this fraudulent charge on my checking account, and advise them never to do business with Dish Network EVER. I also asked her if she thought it was right of her company to charge a customer money without first informing them why. She didn't care and said it was within her company's rights to take that money out of my account. She said there was nothing more she could do and that she would be connecting me to the executive somebody or other in charge of something.
I said there was no need as I felt that since a supervisor could not resolve the situation, there probably wasn't anything an executive could do either.She ended the conversation by informing me that the conversation was being recorded.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Dish Network Satellite Tv Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- " I pay for 50MB download and I'm only getting 4mb and if I'm lucky in a very lucky day I get 11MB. The sudden link tech came by today..."
- "It doesn't even have to start raining anymore before we lose signal! I guess any cloud is enough to block the signal. Dish SUCKS! I will be so glad to..."
- "I live in MT and AZ I purchased my truck in Idaho and drove it to Montana to title my truck I was the first owner of my truck and..."
- "Twinkle Toes Common has dozens of websites (see attached). This evidence was use in court to help Libby Muelhaupt win an all encompassing Internet Liable suit against John "Twinkle Toes"..."
- "This company makes "knock-offs" of designer gowns, but much cheaper and poor quality. I ordered a strapless gown with a bolero jacket to wear to my son's wedding. I ordered exactly..."
- "Instant Bulk SMTP Instant Bulk SMTP is an outgoing email service that will allow you to send emails from your email address either you have your own software or you don’t..."
- "My first purchase from this internet company of a 17.00 Hummingbird Feeder with a nearly $12.00 S&H charge, of which is 70 % of the cost. For some unknown reason, the..."
- "We went to arby with my two children and when i approach fountain michine to get soda i noticed a puddle of nasty water i said something and they..."