Fostoria,Ohio

I called Dish network to ask about programming on 9/30/13 specifically Sports Time Ohio. They told me I would receive that channel so I agreed to sign up.

It was installed on 10/01/13. I went to watch STO the next day only to find out it was blacked out. When I called to ask about it the guy on the phone said that happens and that I have the channel (even though there is no programming on it) . I argued that is not what I signed up for, that why wasn't that explained to me when I called specifically asking for that channel.

I told him to cancel my account and he told me it would cost $700 to cancel. I had the service for a total of 28 hours and don't think I should have to pay that since they lied to me to get me to sign up. I hope all who read this take warning: they have shady business practices and be forewarned you are not going to get what they promised. I have sent complaints to BBB and my state attorney's office hoping to get help with this situation.

In the process of trying to get someone to listen to my side of the story I talked to at least 6 different people all who were argumentative and would do nothing to help. The customer service at Dish has a lot to be desired!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Account.

Comments

MikeLDISH123

Anonymous,

I know how frustrating it is to have your game(s) blacked out and please understand that blackouts are events that are beyond our control as it's always up to the networks themselves that we simply pay to retransmit their programming to you as to which ones have broadcast rights to each game. DISH has nothing to do with those decisions as a provider of the networks.

We'd hate to see you go and I would like to further assist you if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com. Thanks!