I use Dish Network for my TV reception. I had used them for 8 years with little or no problems.

A friend gave me a Dish-Network DVR, but I couldn't get it to work. I called Dish, and the representative said they'd swap it out for free with a refurbished DVR. We did swap, but the new DVR didn't work either. Now I find out the "free" swap is costing me $50.

I've tried to get this resolved, but to no effect. Dish Network apparently has some poorly trained people working for them. The customer service supervisor named Brandy is completely unreasonable. I've liked dish network up until now. Most of the 8 years I've been with them have been good years.

This is good news for their competition, Direct TV, and I will likely be dropping Dish Network in a few days, and getting service with Direct TV.

Brandy should not be working as a supervisor at Dish Network. She is difficult to work with and very unreasonable. She is courteous and professional, but her inability to see issues from her customer's point of view is her greatest short-coming. Because of her inflexibility, I hope to drop service with Dish Network in a few days.

My recommendation: You will be happy with the Dish service at first, but you will likely be disgusted with their customer service. Don't expect them to be reasonable or treat you fairly or generously. Expect to be billed for services/hardware that you didn't receive.

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Comments

Anonymous,

I saw your post and wanted to help! That's great to hear that everything was working well for you for a long time, but unfortunate that you ran into some issues with the equipment after awhile.

What exactly wasn't working properly with the DVR functionality?

I'd like to get a full understanding of what the issue was so I can optimally assist you in getting it resolved. Please email me, if you could, at michael.lemar@dish.com and I hope to hear from you!