1K views
1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Today is 10/19, I cancelled my Dish service 8/22. There's a $30 credit on my account for 2 months. I had no contract obligation to dish, and equipment was received at Dish 9/12. That delay was theirs in sending their return info.

Today, I called dish to ask where my refund was, I was advised, get this...Dish does not send refunds unless a customer requests it! I asked does that mean Dish will keep MY money indefinitely if I do not ask for it? The rep chuckled and said that is exactly what Dish does. I failed to see the humor. I asked if this was legal...no response. I asked how long before my refund...20+ business days, AFTER the "check" clears the bank. I asked what that meant, rep could not explain, nor could he tell me which bank(s) he is referring to.

I asked how much interest I was going to receive, similar to a late fee Dish would charge for having my money for 2 months...he chuckled again. I was not trying to do a comedy routine, I wanted serious answers. I do not see how this can possibly be legal, let alone keep someone else's money that is not really Dish's, and do it in what, good conscience, as this is done for the benefit of our customers.

This person wrote the review because of return, exchange or cancellation policy of a product or service from Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $30 and wants Dish Network to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was are keeping my money. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

I've received phone calls from Dish about receiving services from them in the past. My telephone number is 772 480 3690. What do I need to do to receive my refund

I told them I wanted my money back and they still came up with some excuse to keep it. They flat out lied to my face and refused to give my money back.I had to do a credit card chargeback on the money they owed me for the unused service. We will see if they give in or fight it.Dish Network is a terrible company!