Milton, West Virginia

I signed up online for Dish Network. Tech came out to install and couldn't find a clear path to satellites due to trees. Tech told me trees I needed to cut or trim. I did this and rescheduled installation appointment.

Dish Network confirmed appointment with two (automated) telephone calls and an email. I took half a day off from work. Appointment was 12 to 5PM and I was suppose to receive a phone call with a better estimated time. At 1PM I had received no phone call. I called Dish Network and was assured that the tech would be there between 12 and 5.

At 5:20PM I called Dish Network again. I was told that a "manager" had cancelled my appointment at 4:47PM with a note that it wasn't possible to get the signal on my property. Despite the confirmed appointment, I wasn't even given the courtesy of a phone call. The "manager" implied he had check that day, but there was no mention of the trees I had cut specifically to provide a path to their satellites. I was home all afternoon and had seem no one.

I asked what my options were and was told I had none. Even though I had done exactly what I had been told to do (cut trees) and even though the "manager" was a liar, I had no recourse. The customer service person cancelled my account and said they would refund my money. Of course they can't give me my trees back. Unfortunately, Direct TV's satellites are in a completely different direction.

Bad company. Incompetent employees. Assuming they do give my money back, I guess I'm luckier than others. Do not do business with these people!

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Installation.

Comments