An ex girlfriend utilize my personal information to set up account without my permission. I spent all day on telephone contacting customer service speaking to the supervisors and even contacting corporate office.

Dish Network took no measures to ensure that I was the actual requestor of this account. And no one would agree to disable the account without a lot of rigmarole . It's super easy for someone to fraudulently set up an account but its hard as *** to get Dish Network to cancel the fraudulent account. The customer service regarding this matter was p*** poor.

I beg for someone to play back to tape of the conversation that I had with a supervisor about the name of Terry whose ID number is TS6, or of the discussion that I had with someone in the corporate office by the name of Randy whose ID number is 8LG. U

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Comments

When you file a police report the police can help you with a fraud investigation and have Dish communicate through the police. Is the account attached to a different address than any address you have ever been associated with? Did they use your credit report? Also,send a complaint to your state’s Attorney General’s Office and also the FTC.

46 state Attorney Generals compelled Dish into an “Assurance of Voluntary Compliance”, AVC, in 2009. The AVC included a nearly 6 million dollar settlement for the following types of consumer complaints:

- Reckless use of social security numbers.

- Dish took payment from customers' bank accounts and credit cards without proper authorization.

- They violated the Do-Not-Call telemarketing laws, FTC/Justice department have since filed suit for this, millions of consumers violated

- Dish and their retailers offered packages with discounts for a two-year commitment from consumers and then raise the price and/or reduce service.

- Consumers who wanted to cancel their service faced large cancellation penalties.

- Customers stated they were not informed that their premium sports packages were subject to blackout and;

- Customers stated they were not informed that they might not receive their local TV stations.

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #656890

It would be my pleasure to help you with this situation as this is the type of matter that's taken very seriously on our part! Can you please email me your phone number so I can better assist you in getting it resolved? My email address is michael.lemar@dish.com and I look forward to hearing from you!