Coverage Area

An offer was made by a Dish network representative that did not provide sufficient information for a customer to make a decision. After wasting an entire day and the efforts of the installer, I was told that I could not get local stations from the local that I was used to access and preferred.

That is, I was accustomed to and preferred Washington, DC stations, but was told, after an entire day of getting the dish installed properly, that I could not receive Washington DC stations as my local stations because of my address (i.e., location). However, I already was getting those stations with my current provider, Verizon. This was all very frustrating, a completely wasted day and unnecessary.

That is, had I been told this early on I would not have proceeded with this switch. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

I am retired, have plenty of time and intend to make sure other learn of my experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Installation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Service provided, Customer service.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Littleton, Colorado, United States #938958

anonymous,

I know this situation's difficult and would be happy to discuss it with you if I could please get your account number and four-digit PIN at michael.lemar@dish.com!

Mesa, Arizona, United States #933958

You could have checked your address online, and through the FCC. Where locals come from are not mandated by Dish, but by the FCC using information provided by Nielsen Tracking Company.