I was a bright house customer until my 2 year contract ran out. Upon contract term being reached my cable, home phone, and Internet bill went from being 130.00 a month to 296.86.

Up to this point I had been a satisfied customer with bright house but as it seems only new customers matter to them. So I started shopping around for a new company to get my tv, phone and Internet threw. Unfortunately for me I reside in hernando county and am unable to have verizion fios. Some kind of monopolistic hold AT&T has on my area prevents it.

So upon checking my mail I receive a advertisement from douche network I mean dish network offering tv, home phone, and Internet for 79.95 a month with free installation, a collaboration between them and AT&T. So I called them up and signed up for there contract. The installer arrived a day later as promised and then began the start of my nightmare with dish network. My wife called me at work telling me the installer was telling her it wasn't possible to install the dish in a spot the would receive a clear signal. Being a mechanically inclined individual I researched what would be required to install it and found a perfect spot for it. I even cleared brush and branches to make sure there was no room for argument. I rushed home from work and met the installer climbed on the roof and pointed out the location to him. He still continued to try and argue on his way up to the roof. When he got up to where I was standing he looked and instantly shut up and began to do his job. He told me midway threw his job that he didn't have the standard dish and I was lucky because I was going to get a 3 diode dish instead that would bounce off 3 sattelites instead of the standard 1 or even the upgraded 2. As if he was doing me a favor. When had I not rushed home from work and actually made him do his job and look around he would have left with a lie to my wife that it was impossible. When he was done every thing worked perfect as I new it would. It was Friday the end of the day and his lazy *** just wanted to go home instead of perform his duties. It was amusing to see that even in the middle of a thunderstorm I never lost service as he had claimed to my less knowledgable wife.

But that's not even the real issue here. 30 days past and my 1st months billed showed up in the mail. It was not at the advertised price of 79.95 I had signed up for but for the amount of 167.86 . Being a reasonable person I figured it was for the upgraded dish or some tax or installation fees or something unforeseen. The next month the bill arrived and the same thing. 167.86. The 167.86 was withdrew from my bank account as it was the month before. I contacted dish network to find out what the issue as to why I was being charged 87.91 more then I had signed up for. She gave me some bs answer about taxes, box rental, and installation fees. All of which where claimed to be included in the advertisement that had me switch. She informed me this would be the amount of each bill until the 2 year contract I signed up for was satisfied.

At this point I'm furious and cancel my service due to false advertisement and breach of there own contract. I sent them a copy of the add I received via mail and a copy of the bill that was twice as much as they advertised. They offered no retribution and took it a step farther by hitting my bank account 275.99 3 months after cancelation for breach of contract on my part. This caused me to have 3 bounced checks due to it was unexpected and with out warning. My water was turned off as well as my electric which caused me to have to pay a higher deposit to the electric company, and publix hit me a 30.00 fee for a bounced check with them and will no longer accept a check from me.

Had it been advertised correctly I'd never switched from bright house the 130.00 difference between them and dish wouldn't have been worth it. Especially if you consider in AT&T slow Internet in to the whole equation. They advertise it as a equal to bright house when Infact it's only 1% of bright houses speed. But the way it's advertised leads you to believe different. I. AT&T's defense when I brought up the false advertisement and misleading add about there internet to there collection agent they instantly wiped the bill clean. It's a little bit shady, but hey it didn't add to the 762.81 dish network cost me when Alls said and done. Thought about contacting a lawyer but for the amount lost it wouldn't make sense to pay 2000.00 to get back 762.81 so I chalk it up to a hard lesson learned about false advertisement and breach of contract only applies to the consumer and not the provider. Providers are not subject to holding up to there own contract.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Internet Service.

Comments

DanB@Dish Network
Aurora, Colorado, United States #625966

I'm sorry for the poor experience you had with our services. I'm also sorry to hear that we lost your business.

I will be more than happy to help you address this.

Please send me an e-mail with your account or phone number. I can be reached at: Daniel.Busa@DISH.com

DanB@Dish Network
Aurora, Colorado, United States #625965

I will be more than happy to help you address this.