The Dish rep said the promotion would be $34.99 (plus $7 for DVR) for the first year, as long as we registered online, which I did. Because of some circumstances in my family (illness in my husband and son), I didn't notice for the first 10 months that we weren't getting the promotional offer.

After explaining the situation 4 times to an agent who could barely understand English and being hung up on, I was switched to Jay, a self-described "second-level" customer-service agent. Jay told me he would give me the promised promotional price for the upcoming year. However, when my recent statement arrived, it was higher than ever. I was told that the original agent number I was given by an agent didn't even exist, nor were "supervisor" Jay's notes even in the computer (although I had documented the exact date and time I spoke with him) and that there's no such thing as a "second-level" agent.

It's like everyone I spoke to lied through their teeth - but there's no way you can prove it - heck, you don't even know they're lying until the bill comes and then they deny everything everyone ever said, even though I wrote down names, dates, times and titles! They grudgingly offered me $10 off per month for 6 months. Bottom line, I am going to be paying $300 MORE over a 1-year period than promised multiple times during the original signup call, as well as what was promised to be corrected afterward.

I cannot wait until our contract is up. I literally have never been so blown-away by unprofessional, LYING customer service in 30 years of being an adult consumer.

Comments

MikeLDISH123

cdcdishcomp,

I'm sorry to hear about any misunderstanding upon your activation with us and would be happy to help you if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can take a look. Thanks!