I got the dish last month for $39.99 for two year contract ($15 off for first year), second month it is increased by $5 ($44.95) which I have to pay another 23 months??

How could Dish justify this type of practice? if there is an rate increase in near future they have to inform us before signing the contract. I got this two year contract with Dish ONLY FOR THIS PRICE. I called Dish and they refused to refund the $5 increase, a lady on the other line was rude.

Very interesting contract terms!! one party can do anything like increasing the charge by any amount any time but other party cannot breach contract with out a fine. Very nice trap for the customers. I really don't understand their meaning of a CONTRACT. Does anybody know this type of contract is legal? If they can hike the rate anytime why should we go for a two year contract, can stay on month to month basis with cable by paying few more dollars for installation.

I got a good offer from Time Warner but missed it for this Dish Network ***.I will not deal with Dish again in my life.

Review about: Dish Network Installation.

Comments

#320899

That is a bold faced lie. We had a price guarantee that was NOT supposed to go up, no matter what!

Guess what, it DID! Dish cannot be trusted!

If you are so worried about the price, why not get OUT OF THE HOUSE and see a movie. You probably spend $36 for food for 20 minute.

Why not disconnect the dish and spend $9 on a movie with PEOPLE for 90 minutes. No one should be home from work before 8 pm.

Sat, GreenEyes3965, Ema143, Tom, megerr60, Nick, & Madhu,

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I am with DISH Network. I understand your frustrations with just signing up. Like I was stating as 02/01, the price of all American and Latin basic package prices were increased by $5.00. When you signed up you were not locked into a price, you were given a promotion for a certain amount of months for example $15.00 off for 12 months. If the price increases you would still receive the $15.00 off but it will be off the new amount.

The programming we provide is owned by other companies, and our prices are based on what we must pay those companies. Though costs can change when contracts are renegotiated, we work hard to keep them as low as possible. I understand that you are not in contract with them, that you are in contract with us however it would be unfair of us to assume every year that we are going to have to pay all our networks the unreasonable price demands they require and charge all our customers this price than come to find out we were able to negotiate and get several hundred of them to lower their demand even though you are already paying the outrageous prices.

As far as the "DirecTV" rep on here. I understand they are trying to make a sale but keep in mind they go through prices increases every year as well and you must pay them even if you are in a contract with them. They will require you sign a two year agreement with them. The difference between them and us is 2 things; one we continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors, and two, we are doing a price freeze on all DISH America and America's Top packages (excluding AEP) until 2013. The 12 months of premium programming at "no charge" for our 30th anniversary was a gift and not to be confused with our programming price increase. None of our competitors can say anything like that!

If you need any further assistance or have any additional questions or concerns that were not answered please feel free to email me.

Alicia Brink

DISH Network

Alicia.Brink@DISHNetwork.com

I just notice the rate increase on my bill. I am in 10th month on contacted. Contact to Dish network - no worth.

I am in for the sue.

Thanks

They just raised my monthly rate $5 more when I called they told me it was a nation wide increase I told them I was in a 2 year contract the second year would only be $15 more a month and now its $20 more a month when I told them I wanted to cancel my service They told me it would cost hundreds of dollars to cancel. This is not fare and what stops them from increasing it more.

SUE THEM SUE THEM.

never under any entertaining service contract have I ever experienced a rate increase. THIS IS WRONG!

We are not small kids that we do not understand a rate change. We totally understand that prices change but when you offer a promotional deal for a specified time you should honor it! All your advertisements said the promotion is $24.99 for one year but now 2 months after signing up I have to pay $5 more, why?

No where in the ad does it say that the promotion is a $15 off the current price. You falsely advertised the promotion, if you were being honest about it, you would have advertised it as $15 off promotion. You say that there is a price freeze till 2013, how am I supposed to believe that when my promotional price that you offered changed in 2 months?

No other company I have dealt with ever does this, if they offer you a promotion they honor it for the specified time.

Whats more sickening is that there is no way to get out of the contract. Other companies would give you an out if you are not ok with the price change or change in service.

You have lost my loyalty as a customer dish network.

I know your pain I live in Buffalo and not only don't we get MSG so I can't see Sabre games now they took away our CBS station. Funny how it's always everyone elses problem.

Dish is so straight forward but nobody will negotiate with them. LIN(which owns the CBS affiliate and Cablevision who owns MSG).

Maybe it's about time that dish realise that they are the problem. They also tell us they are doing this to keep prices low yet they seem to raise them anyway.

Becki, like they were "locked" in for 2 years when we signed up

JBrownDirecTV

As we all know Dish prices just went up another 5-10 bucks that is why you are getting Starz OR Encore free for 12 months, not so much because of the "30th aniversary"

This is what you can do. Its SIMPLE, SWITCH & SAVE.

I'am an autorized retailer of DirecTV.. (Directv.com, scroll down until you see "find a retailer" type in zipcode 75042 and my company is called "Satcom Satellites" and we are located in Garland, Tx.

You will get the new current customer promotion including pricing. Yes that does include FREE HD FOR LIFE.

On average we are able to save customers between 15-45 dollars a month.

Look into it and give me a call.

Jordan Brown (Authorized Retailer/Rep of DirecTV) 214.901.3086 (cell)

*Can get you out of contract for $40 dollars. One time Charge.

I'm in on the lawsuit. I am so angry at dish for this price increase, I too am under a two year contract and am only 9 months in and now my price has been raised.

The price freeze means nothing to me because I would not be renewing with them after this anyway. And the "free" premium channels, I believe we are all paying $5.00 a month for them!

GreenEyes3965

I agree with you....

I ABSOLUTELY HATE DISH NETWORK.They are a piece of *** company. I just got off the phone with them tonight, and am pissed. A year and two months ago I signed a contract with one of their sales representatives with the promise of low prices, and a second year rate of 29.99. Since then our bill has gone up, her original prices she promised us were a lie. On top of that I asked them about the fees associated with cancelling with them and they said $15 a month for every month we have left on our contract. Meaning we would have to pay $150. So I asked him if there was anything we could do to lower our bill. He said that he could remove some movie channels because it was Dish networks 30Th anniversary party and it would lower my bill to $41. ???? I told him that's what my current rates are. He said as of February first the company dish partners with increased their rates but were locked in to have no more changes until 2013.

First of all thanks for my notice that my bill had gone up you piece of *** over inflated priced company. Second of all I asked him about the option my original sales rep said I could do when I originally signed up and expressed concern about the length of the contract....She said to me they have an option if you go on vacation you are allowed to do a pause on your contract for 6 months, for only $5 dollars a month which would be cheaper than cancellation fees.

I told the guy this and he said it doesn't shorten your contract but it just puts it on hold. The original girl that sold me my package was nothing but a commission money grubbing liar. Their sales representatives will tell you anything to get you to sign up, then they don't give a darn about you once your locked in.

There managers and supervisors are just as rude and ignorant as their lower paid employees. Don't sign up with them you will regret it. Go with com-cast, they are way better and nicer. On top of all that we have lost signal a number of times on our service, and I still can't believe I'm locked into paying 41 bucks a month "lowered price" with this sucky company. Save yourself the headache. I'm sick of dealing with this company and having them doing nothing

Dear Dish Network,

You guys did not answer my questions yet (some direct answers).

1.How are you justifying the price increase for a person who signed for a 24-month term contract and got increased on second month?

2. Why did not you informed us about the price increase before signing the contract few days ago (I ask the person who installed the dish)? Do not tell me that you did not know this price increase. Because you guys mention, in this forum, to a different person's question that you inform, in advance, the price increase to all existing customers.

3. Don not compare with other providers, ONLY REASON I DECIDED TO GO WITH YOU IS THE PRICE, even though Time Warner game me a PRICE GUARANTY FOR 1 YEAR WITH BETTER PROGRAMING.

4.If you have the luxury to increase the price at anytime by any amount what is the benefit to get stuck with this contract. Don't tell me the free installation is worth for this trap.

5. If you got any price increase from your providers/partners it is non of our business. We don't have any contract with them.

As 02/01, the price of all American and Latin basic package prices were increased by $5.00.

We continue to offer the lowest everyday price in the pay-TV industry, saving our customers money every month as compared to our competitors!

What sets us apart is that we are also taking two unprecedented actions by giving customers 1) a price freeze on all DISH America and America's Top packages (excluding AEP) until 2013 and 2) 12 months of free premium programming! None of our competitors can say anything like that!

If you need any further assistance please feel free to email me.

Alicia Brink

DISH Network

Alicia.Brink@DISHNetwork.com

Dish is unfaithful and does everything to trap customers.

For this increase of $5, we are working on sue the company. waiting to have more than 1000 complains (actually around 700).

Post you complain and we may contact you

That's right they can raise prices whenever they want, they can also take away channels whenever they want. We, the comsumer, have an agreement and are out of luck.

That's why I called the cable company and had two tv's hooked up.

In about a month I'll have the cash to buy out of my contract and say goodbye to dish forever. I can't wait.

BeckiB@DISH

Hello SAT,

The reason that you see this price increase is that we made a change in the America's Top package prices on 2/1. The prices were raised by $5, but are locked in place until 2013. As all companies, the prices are subject to change at any time, and in order to keep our everyday low prices, we had to increase only the package prices by $5.

Becki Barned