Hoodsport, Washington
2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

On June 12th of 2016 the Seattle area lost some of our local channels because of a dispute between Dish and Tribune Broadcasting. Now, a month and a half later, we still do not have them back.

One of the channels is our local Fox 13, which not only has several shows my husband and I watch but also will be the station that gives us access to the NFL Seahawk games. I have written to each party involved. I have read both sides of the conflict and I have called them both, filed a complaint with the FCC and written all of the channels and some of the advertisers. Nothing has happened.

Why can't someone help us the consumers.

It is not as easy as you think to switch companies. Where we live we do not have any cable. We have a motorhome in which we also go south for the winter and it is only good for Dish (not Direct TV).

Plus if you cancel the contract they charge you a cancellation fee. I had two accounts and they charged me $300 to cancel one of my accounts. Now that really is pretty low. They aren't providing me with all my local channels but they can charge me when I cancel my contract.

Can Anyone out there tell me and others what we can do. I am so upset and frustrated.

Everyone I talk to has explained there is nothing they can do. Are there no rules for these companies?  Who controls these people.  You would think the advertisers would be unhappy that millions of viewers are not seeing their products advertised.  If you are considering Dish please read the reviews and be aware that this is happening more and more often.

This person wrote the review because of "loss of channels" at Dish Network. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dish Network to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was answers given and the lack of response. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dish Network and dish network americas top 120 tv package for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Snohomish, Washington, United States #1191578

I live in the Seattle area and have lost several great stations one of which is Fox Q13. Not only do I watch their local news and several other shows, they have taken away our Seahawks station.

Really? Get with it, settle your dispute or lose customers!

#1191369

I am equally frustrated. I'm new to the Memphis area and after signing up learned that CBS and NFL network were dropped.

Both side point fingers at each other...it's frustrating and I'm ready to drop, pay the additional $ and get another provider who carries these stations. With football season upon us, I have options.

Money talks...right? I wish everyone would join me to put more pressure on DISH to resolve ASAP!