2.5K views
2.6

I signed up with Dish in September, 2014. I was checking prices and deals and DISH offered a $200 gift card as an incentive.

As of January 26, 2015 I have not received the Mastercard. I called Dish back in December and they said my card had been sent October 16th. They gave me a number to call Dish Rewards so I called them. Dish Rewards told also told me the card was sent out on 10/16 and gave me a number to contact Mastercard.

Mastercard has no record of my name or address. They asked for a PID number which I couldn't provide. I called DishRewards back and they didn't have a PID number (or any other number associated with this offer). I have gone back and forth between DISH, DishRewards and Mastercard.

My issue has been sent to the Dish "Back Office" but they don't call me back. Mastercard still has no record of me and explained that the PID number would be the proof that a card was ordered for me. I called Dish after months of aggravation. They offered to give me $20 off my bill for the next 10 months when I told them I wanted to close my account.

Because I signed a 24 month contract, they now want to charge me $400 to void my contract. While they haven't lived up to their end of the contract, I am expected to live up to mine. I had them turn my service off and now I face collections if I don't pay the termination fee. Beware of these scams.

I don't believe I was ever sent a card and no intention of sending me one. Wish I knew what could be done from a legal standpoint.

Reason of review: Offer not as promised.

Preferred solution: Credit my account $200 (immediately, not over 10 installments) and restore service..

Dish Network Pros: Ease of use, Fox programming, Sign up was great.

Dish Network Cons: Breech of contract, Customer service.

Location: Franklin, North Carolina

Comments

#2029292

i never got my dish mastercard for 300.00 been wait for month now

#1981932

Exact happened to me August 2020 run around with Dish of my 1st experience locked into 2 yr contract of nothing but lies, bad phone & tech x 3 time no clue before getting service & to this juncture Feb 2021 more lies never receipt $200 card. Pitifulness

#1965367

Dish is corrupt as can be,they conned me on a 100.00 gift card.

#1935173

i was also promised the $200.00 Mastercard to switch to Dish never got it they are criminal

Yes, I fill your pain. I am going through the same thing over a $300 gift card.

I waited 6 weeks and checked the status and found that it was still pending.

Gave Dish rewards a call and within two days I received email that the check was placed in the mail but Dish said I have to give it up to 14 days to arrive. The 14 days are up but in the email they give themselves 30 more days before contacting Dish.

Update!? You gotta have the letter promotion code or you want get the $200.00 And when you contact once check with them for 3 days after they sumitt or request the reward to be processed to make sure info got done and sent to right office if you want the card and the waiting period is 6-8 Wks Sometimes for Some 3 to 4 wks I know this for a fact so as I've said when dish sends you a letter offering a $200.00 reward you claim it then constantly check status of it most likely you will get it as promised just like they said

No gift card and when I called and asked about it they hung up on me

Changed to Dish so I could take advantage of the $200.00 incentive to drop cable. Was told I would get credit in 4 to 6 months.

I keep calling and they keep “ passing the buck”. Now they need a 9 digit code three months later. This is not only unethical but deceptive on the Dish networks part. They call this bait and switch.

You are judged by your performance. Dish has failed miserably.

#1402030

I never received my Dish Visa Gift Card, either. I spoke with several folks today, but they all declined to help me.

It is disgusting that Dish and its partners entice people to Dish Network by promising visa gift cards and deny them.

One of the people actually told me I talked to a person not employed by them, but it was their company number I called. It is deception at its best.

That is ***. I have been arguing with them for two weeks about my 100 gift card. It says shipped but we will see.

We only got cheated out of a $100 gift card. When I inquired they asked if I had a code.

During the sales pitch no one mentioned a code.

So anyway-there was no gift card. Anytime you talk to these kinds of corrupt corporations you need to record them always-then turn them into all available agencies.

@PissedConsumer1316171

OMG same crap here we need the code what friggin code finally after 2 months of being screwed around I get yesterday sorry we will take 20 off your bill for the next 10 month's these people such

i too was the victim of the dish giftcard scam only i'm filing a small claim suit against dish. everybody out there that has been a victim contact me @ bfockler@***.com, maybe we can start a class action suit

@PissedConsumer1186234

Are you still filling a claim? I never recieve my gift neither. It has been 7 months now and still nothing.

@PissedConsumer1186234

i too was promised a $200 card and i get their run around.

@PissedConsumer1186234

I’ve been promised a $100 gift card for about 3 months now I even got an email stating that my card will be shipped within 4-6 weeks yet I have been waiting months! I’ll update you guys and see if they actually give me the card.

One of the workers I spoke to said a 3rd party created my account and then I called another number which turned out to be dish! And the lady was nice she even told me that dish was the one who created my acct and that they were giving me false information!

I never received a gift card as promised as well Since signing up in January. Plus the guy that installed it stole my fitbit off my bathroom sink.

Now when I call, I am told I need a special code for 200 dollar gift card. What a fip off.

This same thing happened to me the first time we signed up with DISH.... Now, we just came back to DISH with the promise of a $50 Visa gift card.

I'm finding out this is knowingly fraud and I would like to ask any of you to join me in taking this public. We should not have to cancel our service, suffer collections issues and allow any of these cable companies to get away with this FRAUD!! The first time I didn't get my $200. gift card they just offered to reduce the amount of our bill.

REALLY?? Did I just fall off the turnip truck??

I propose we take this public and expose them!!

#1192311
@PissedConsumer1141198

Is thos recent? Im am intrested in opening a lawsuiy against them to.

They keep telling me I have to wait.

Having me call random numbers. And now that I want outbof the contract they want $500.

@PissedConsumer1141198

Was this recent? If so I want to sue as well. They have not only raised my bill, but never sent me the $200 gift card they promised.

Dish Network Reviews