In a world of technology, and more and more people going without a land line telephone, why is it that Dish can bill me $5.00 a month simple for not having a phone?

They say it is becasue they need to check on their equipment to do whatever, but as long as they have $5.00 a month they don't need to check it? I don't get it. With all their technology they can't figure out a way to check their equipment except through the antique phone lines? Wow, I am just floored that they really think that we are that ***! They do it becasue they can.

When we first moved to this rural town we had no idea that trritory still existed. I first called Direct TV to check on getting hooked up, and to my astonishment, iwas told "that is not our territory", WHAT? I yelled. "Territoy, what are you talking about?" Well, I am sure all of you know the end of that story. If anyone knows a way out of this $5.00 a month *** fee i sure wouldloike to hear about it!

Review about: Dish Network Tv Package.

Comments

Pam R,

I understand your frustration with the fee. I know that when you checked into getting a line it would have been 12 thousand dollars but again I wanted to clarify the programming access fee some customers like yourself were or are receiving. Again this is not a fee currently in effect, but you may have signed up under a promotion that had the programming access fee and are still being charged the $5.00. This is not nor has ever been a fee for not having a phone line connected to the receiver. We charge a "programming access" fee for having an additional TV connected to your receiver. As an "incentive" for customers we offered a promotion. As part of the promotion if customers connected a phone line or Ethernet cable to the receiver we gave them a credit of $5.00 toward the "programming access" fee. We did this as a promotion because we wanted customer to be able to see and take advantage of all the features having a phone line connected had to offer. Although this particular promotion is no longer in effect there is a way to take part in the current incentive to waive that fee. You can add the automatic payment option to your account, paperless billing, along with a valid email address. Keep in mind that even though a phone line/broadband connection is not required to avoid additional charges, having it connected does provide you with a lot of other interactive benefits. Some of these benefits included paying your bill using remote, ordering programming using remote, up to date weather information on interactive menus but it will also allow you to update and change DVR recordings online or watch recorded programs from DVR on your computer depending on your service and equipment. Unlike most companies we have a dual receiver that can work on two TV's so as an incentive if you plug in a phone line to your receiver than we waive the second TV programming fee. This is an exclusive offer DISH Network has available for it's customer to save even more money.

Tom in Oklahoma,

Thank you for your support. We do offer satellite internet. If you want to email me your account information I would be happy to see what options we have available for you.

Sincerely,

Alicia Brink

Executive Offices of Dish Network

Office Hours: Sunday-Thurs 6:00am-2:00pm

Phone Number: 720-514-8617

Fax Number: 303-723-2063

Email: Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

We have been using Dish Network for a little over 20 years with no complaints except I wish they had satellite Internet.

We also have Dish and the $5.00 was being charged but waived if hooked to a landline.When we moved the street we live on is a private road and there are no land lines coming down the road We have a cell phone so when I called Dish and told them this the lady gave me a hard time and finally admitted that the only reason the landline is needed is to order pay for view and interactive ***.I have never ordered a movie from them even when they send the coupons for them.I told her if she was going to charge me th $5.00 then I would be contacting the FCC and filing a complaint.The cost of getting a land line to my home was over $12 thousand dollars..

They finally decided that it could be waived.The thing is my Dish turns off at midnight to update almost every night so for them to say they need it to update is garbage.They also need to hire some english speaking techs-- cants stand saying say that again when I am paying for cell service. :?

I wanted to clarify the programming access fee some customers are receiving. Although this is not a fee currently in effect, if you signed up under a promotion that had the programming access fee and are still being charged the $5.00 there is a way to take part in the current incentive to waive that fee.

I used to get the Dallas Cowboys games that were played at home in Dallas . Now I don't get the home games what a crock of ***.

I think everyone should just cancel their services with dish network and like a bad dream ,maybe it will go away .today when I get off the phone dish over not being able to get the Dallas game. I'm finished with dish network.....Kenny in Missouri.

leased equals free reciever, not inlcuding install

purchased= reciever price plus install

leased recievers give a free reciever plus install

this = nothing is for free. im sure they have record of u cussing the rep he only reads what he says when u cuss him out. thats not helping you hes watching his job witch is timed by calls. 360 to cancel with leased recievers no contract to purchase

about the same with any service. car, utillities, ur apartment etc

cableguynow

:x

Dish Network is a group of aliens who are using your TV to watch you - not really, but it sounds great, doesn't it?

They are however, the RUDEST people I know of. Lets all cancel our Dish Network service and put the little bastards out of business! What do you say?

:( yes, dish network is made up of genetically inferior human beings. They are rude and arrogant sub human customer service abusing a--hols who don't deserve a paycheck but do deserve to be lined up and b---h slapped!!! F--k you dish network and you can cram your old equipment right up your candy a-s!!!

i got a notice that somoene was using my info to connect new customers-i call the rep and was polite to explain some bogus reasons about an ex employed..

this was in colorado i leave in other state

Please be aware of your social s- info being use this way.. :upset :x

:( Every month I get the 5.00 fee and every month I call and complain and they take the fee off. ( i have the phone as requested).

Last month they told me they were doing away with the fee and the phone line was no longer needed. Guess what....the fee has returned and NOW to get it waived you have to sign for paperless and AUTO BILL PAY.

I never agreed to that especially since every month it;s always a different bill and we do nothing different. What a scam.

I wrote their exec offices, explained to them that their techs said a phone line was not required, and that if this fee was not waived they would be hearing from my CLO (since I'm the CEO of a corporation that carries some weight), and they promptly removed it.

Contact their exec offices, sound impressive, and sound like a business person and that'll take care of the issue. Worked for me.

Ullin, Illinois, United States #21823

I forgot what it is called, but you can pay a minimal amount ($20) or so for the year and they will waive the fees for the phone line. It auto renews every year though, but comes out a lot cheaper than paying the fees. Also I believe if you order about 4 movies per month or spend so much in ppv it automatically gets waived for that month.

Rochester, New York, United States #5599

Thats not true. I own both my VIP 622 even though Dishtried to say I leased them.

what a mess that was. I dropped them in Nov 07 after 9years. Went with Directv got two HD DVRs no phone fee at all.

In Feb 08 got a call from Dish sale rep wanting me to come back I explain why I left and he stated that DISH could now permanently waive that 5.00 no phone fee. I told him I would think about it and to give me a call back in a week.

He never did so I called dish myself and low and behold.

The fee still applies ecven if you own the equipment.

what a dumb a** company. They used to be the best now they are horrible and customer svs is non-exsitence.

Geneseo, New York, United States #5399

I agree the $5 fee for not having a phone is ***. That is for when you lease their receivers. If you buy the receivers yourself (eBay, craigslist, etc) then your monthly payment is a little cheaper *and* you don't have to pay that $5 fee.