Service dropped every time it rained. DVR that wants to record adult programs on 2nd tuner in daughter's room--and that crashed receiver when stopped. A movie recorded in 23 one minute segments. Screens are oriented toward making it too easy for anyone in household to order pay services or upgrades. Too many problems to list. Certainly not TIVO quality. Using their latest receivers too.

I wanted to cancel immediately at install, three days into service, and then 13 days into service. Customer service did anything to try to make right and said I had 30 days to try service and cancel without cost. On day 26 I canceled. They claimed they never had a 30 day period to cancel and insist on charging me $360 early termination fee. Quite simply, they lied, they didn't keep the phone recordings, they claim they aren't even capable of contacting the representatives by the codes they had given as contacts.

Calls get transferred from one person to the next and nobody is capable of terminating the contract. They are a desperate company with inferior technology that will do whatever they can to make a buck and that doesn't deserve to remain in business. Don't give them your business. Look at U-Verse if you can, or else Comcast with TIVO series 3. If you do go with Dish then do it with them directly instead of through one of their resellers. The resellers just add unnecessary costs and terms.

A lawyer may contact me for action against Dish Network. I expected to be able to terminate the contract within 30 days without cost as I was assured multiple times. Also please contact me if you were told of a 30 day period.

Paul Baumann

Marietta, GA

spamsnare@gmail.com

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

msg4candace@yahoo.com

I was also told I could cancel within 30 days. When I called to cancel on the 25th day they said I had to pay a 460.00 early termination fee.

I was also told I had 30 days to cancel. When I called to cancel on the 25th day of service they said I had to pay a early termination fee of 460.00.

They told me the same thing I wanted to cancel the same night they told me i was going to get things that I never received.They told me that there was nothing that I can do about it and they are going to charge me anyway and I quote by there supervisor " whether I like it or not" they he told me I can write them a letter.

Now I am stuck with crapy service bad customer service and I am just down right shocked by the way they treat there customers.Please contact me @ jkalso1@yahoo.com if you can help

Spamsnare & Sharron,

Hi, this is Alicia Brink.I'm with DISH Network.

I apologize about your bad experience. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. If you have issue with signal under light rain we can send a tech out to verify that something else is not causing the issue other than the weather. There will be times when service is affected due to inclement weather.

We have independent retailers that customers can elect to use, if you do they will sometimes have a 12 month commitment than can be voided within 30 days, however that is along side our contract of 24 months. Most companies have cancel fees however, unlike most companies we prorate your cancel fee; so if you do choose to disconnect you are rewarded for the time you did stay with us.

Any time there is an issue that has the ability to be corrected if we are given the opportunity the cancel fee would be enforced if a customer declines and elects to cancel.If you have any other questions please let us know.

I also expected to be able to terminate the contract within 30 days without cost as I was assured multiple times.Unstead they charged me cancellation fees and told me not all calls recorded when I asked for the original conversation.

This needs to be stopped and they need to go to jail.PERIOD......