I have been a customer of Dish Network for many years. I am charged over $170.00 a month for programing and lease fees.

In Jan 08 I replaced the origional unit that I had purchased because it had broken down. I was placed on a two year contract with out being informed of the requirement. I was given a new unit but I now leased the unit. It broke down and had to be replaced in Oct 08.

Dish Network would not give me another new unit, I could only receive a refurbished DVR. I was under a two year contract and I was paying for the lease but could not get a new DVR!! It has now broken down and I still can not receive a new unit. Two of their custsome service representatives hung up on me, one because I challenged the bad information they were giving me over the phone and the other because I assked to speak to a supervisor.

I will now explore other programing opportunities and replace Dish Network ASAP.

Comments

Yolanda,

I apologize there was so much confusion regarding your account. We make every effort to provide accurate and consistent information to our customers. We try to provide very detailed billing to make things easier to understand. We try to also provide as many options for you to ask any questions regarding something; Phone,internet,and email. There are some situations that may cause your bill to increase or change; expiration of promotions, price increases, additional receivers, additional features, additional programming. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Alicia.Brink@dishnetwork.com

DO NOT USE DISH NETWORK! WHAT A RIP OFF!

AND THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER SEEN.

EITHER VERY INCOMPETENT PEOPLE OR VERY SLY BECAUSE THEY DO NOT LIKE TO GIVE STRAIGHT ANSWERS! I REPEAT...DO NOT GET DISH NETWORK!

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network.

I apologize about the confusion. When you own the equipment and it stops working we provide you with several options to get equipment. You can purchase new equipment with no contract, you can exchange your receiver for a similar receiver that is working with no contract, or you can upgrade your equipment to leased equipment which does require a new agreement with us. It sounds like you elected to do the upgrade and selected a DVR receiver.

We do not charge you a fee to lease the equipment, we do charge an additional fee for programming access on each receiver on the account after the first this is will true if the equipment is purchased as well. If you have any other questions regarding your equipment or billing please let us know.

I feel for you.

At least you got new equipment. I signed up for Dish HD service and got used/refurb equipment right off the bat.

Now having problems 1 year later.