Coverage Area
Style and Design

I contacted Dish Network about service and was given what seemed to be an attractive price, but decided to cancel and stay with my current provider. I am 75 years old and have lost most of my hearing so phone conversation is iffy at best.

I tried their chat line and they were rude and refused to connect me with someone who had the authority to cancel the account but was told that had to be done by telephone. When I told them that I was mostly deaf they refused to do anything about it. I received two updates after the original chat session reminding me of the install date - today - with no response to my continued requests to cancel the account. The installer is coming today and there is a sign on my front door that says "NO DISH NETWORK".

When I informed the person on the chat line that I would refuse to have it installed and would pay no fees, he simply cut the connection.

I would imagine the meeting with the installer will be somewhat confrontational but I am ready for it. Never again will I contact Dish Network for anything and have put a hold on my credit card for any charges by them.

Reason of review: Poor Communication.

Preferred solution: That they make cancellation available on line for hard of hearing people..

I didn't like: Failure to provide any method of communication for deaf people.

Comments