I've known for quite sometime that there was a hacker on my internet service and using up my bandwidth.I've called Dish.network a couple times only to get "there's nothing wrong with our modem", "have you taken your PC in to have it checked", and "you can pay $7 a month to get our support service"....
Being pretty savvy with computers and the internet because of extensive training and many years of personal experience, I finally found the hacker yesterday. He had hacked my router and changed all its settings. It was like I had opened up a business card for the hacker with all of his information right there in my router. But, I had to be persistent.
He was blocking me from getting into the router so I did a reset on the router back to the standard logon ID & PW and kept shutting the router off until it gave me just enough time to login. Once I logged in, wa-la....there he was in all his glory. I've reported him to the authorities. What I want to know is....If I can do this, why couldn't Dish.network or Hughes.net?
I don't think they know how or even want to be bothered. They just want our money. The attached picture if the hackers calling card. He goes by CopperTiger.....
Hope this info helps anyone out there experiencing the same thing.Good luck.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Product or service
- Dish Network Internet
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On Friday evening a DirecTV employee accessed my roof and trespassed illegally. There were a total of 6 signs that this technician ignored. Not only did he set off the..."
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I was charged a price for a pair of soccer shoes that was on the display for a lesser price when I brought it to the cashiers attention he argued..."
- "AAG purchased a 6 year old debt from Wells Fargo. The debt was last reported by Wells Fargo as $23,779 in November 2009. As soon as AAG bought it, the..."
- "Several months ago I agreed to receive a promotional package in the mail. If I took the offer I would pay so much a month and receive big discounts at..."