So Dish Network now has algorithms to figure out your nationality!
Yup, just opened my mailbox to pull out a letter with Polish writing all over it, offering Polish programming for $20 for 12 months, from what I can gather.
Wow, these guys are getting good at impressing potential customers. One catch though, I'M NOT POLISH!!!
Who is the genius that thought guessing someone's nationality would result in a positive reaction when cold mailing subscription offers? It's not like I had Dish before, where they could possibly use my previous account data to gather what type of programming I was more inclined to enjoy.
Frankly, I'm offended! WTF mate? I know I can't be the only one!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Assumption of my national origin
- Reason of review:
- Dish assumed I was of a certain national origin
- Preferred solution:
- Just leaving honest feedback before more people get offended.
- Product or service
- Dish Network Satellite Tv Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "One of the worst communication company in terms of their service, promise and commitments. I asked Frontier to changer their service to $84.99 triple play with 75/75 internet, HD preferred..."
- "I needed a Dish Network service technician to come and program a replacement DVR for me. When the technician arrived, instead of pulling his truck into my gravel driveway..."
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."