So Dish Network now has algorithms to figure out your nationality!
Yup, just opened my mailbox to pull out a letter with Polish writing all over it, offering Polish programming for $20 for 12 months, from what I can gather.
Wow, these guys are getting good at impressing potential customers. One catch though, I'M NOT POLISH!!!
Who is the genius that thought guessing someone's nationality would result in a positive reaction when cold mailing subscription offers? It's not like I had Dish before, where they could possibly use my previous account data to gather what type of programming I was more inclined to enjoy.
Frankly, I'm offended! WTF mate? I know I can't be the only one!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Assumption of my national origin
- Reason of review:
- Dish assumed I was of a certain national origin
- Preferred solution:
- Just leaving honest feedback before more people get offended.
- Product or service
- Dish Network Satellite Tv Service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I've known for quite sometime that there was a hacker on my internet service and using up my bandwidth. I've called Dish.network a couple times only to get "there's nothing..."
- "I cancelled my service early because the price for satellite service had gone up dramatically. I was always happy with the reception and service but the price became prohibitive. They..."
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "Jeld Wen did not reply to several emails requesting assistance in locating replacement parts for their bifold doors. Multiple Emails were sent to Customer Service via the company website submission..."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "We pay $102.49 a month for 1. Plain home phone service. It comes with extra *** which we don't use. We have an answering machine and not interested in 3-way..."
- "I went to an online chat with one of their tech. reps. after about an hour of looking for the answer through Google and Microsoft's tips/help section, for a problem..."
- "What $99 Special? Quote tool tells me it's under their $100 minimum. What a joke! A call to their 800 number was useless - calltaker had no knowledge of..."
- "Logging on to a familiar site, I was offered a skin cream to try for a FREE trial ($4.95 s&h only). In 2 weeks a charge for $98 appeared on..."