Coverage Area

Having been a DirectTV customer for 12 years, I switched to Dish in search of a better deal and have lamented that choice ever since. There aren't many options here, and DirectTV has long hold times for customer service but that's nothing compared to the rude customer service associates, malfunctioning equipment, and illegitimate promises at Dish.

After 2 months of being a customer, I called today for the 3rd time about cartoon network and the turner dispute. Since Cartoon network was one of the main channels I requested upon signing up for service and Dish has been unable to provide the agreed upon service for a month I requested to be released from the contract. After my third transfer and 40 minutes on the phone being told rehearsed scripted platitudes, I spoke to a rep in the "Office of the President". He was a condescending blow hard, and I've got to say this is worse than anything I've experienced over the phone in a decade. This little peon Eric is very good at his job, if his job entails losing customers. He clearly stated that my only option was to cancel my account and pay the early termination fee.

I have reduced my service to the absolute basic, with no DVR because Dish will not absolve the contract they aren't fulfilling. I would love to take these jackals to court. I'll pay the early termination fee to Dish even though its their breach of contract, after the billing date comes around and go back to DirectTV with my tail between my legs.

Review about: Dish Network Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Sign up was great.

I didn't like: Service changed before, Ink was dry on the contract.

Comments

one word...fios!

MikeLDISH123
Littleton, Colorado, United States #914404

anonymous,

I've reviewed your post and wanted to know what's going on with your DVR. Please provide me with some details at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can understand the issue(s) you're having. Thanks for your efforts and I hope to hear back from you!

I have Dish Network for TV and AT&T for Internet (2 mbs). I wanted to get a faster internet connection that is available through Dish.

I called Dish and ask for pricing. I was transferred to 6 different people. On my 7th call I told them my experience and asked that someone that knows the answer call me back within 1/2 hour or my next call will be to cancel their service. They did not call.

I will be cancelling.

Also each time I called one of Dish phone numbers, I was asked if I would like to take a short survey after the call. I am still waiting.

Mesa, Arizona, United States #900328

Can you please quote what part of the contract was breached? It certainly was not the part that specifically says channels may be removed, rearranged by dish, including during a term commitment, and without warning, with no requirement of having to reduce the cost or make any offers.

Dish is currently working on bringing these channels back, and may succeed, but even if they don't, although you are a "pissed consumer", there is no breach per the agreement that you signed and authorized them to do, in response to them offering discounted service and a reasonable priced selection of genres of channels.

You aren't paying for the channels, you are lying for the bandwidth to get the channels. Your authorizations are based on pckages, but there is no guarantee anywhere for any specific channel.