1.4
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Contract almost up not paying protection fee for leased equipment. Leased equipment should work barring neglect or abuse correct?

So box stops receiving signal last week & have intermittent channels but working most of the time. So I call dish network go through all of their silly process and tech takes over working on the box via my Internet when he's finished I only have a few *** channels all the rest of my package is gone now he tells me I need to pay $95 for somebody to come fix it. I don't think so it's your equipment it should work & was working most of the time until you fixed it. So I ask him if I rented you a car and that car didn't run would you pay the mechanic to fix it?

His answer was yes I would pay half. I said that is the wrong answer why would anybody lease broken equipment!

The only way to get them to fix their equipment was to add another 10$ a month to an already bloated bill of fees! If its my equipment I don't have an issue paying insurance but if the equipment belongs to Dish and is not damaged due to neglect or abuse they should provide working equipment!

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I liked: Having tv.

I didn't like: Paying service fee on dish owned equipment.

Comments

CaringJackRussel526

Dish service tech showed up. Original installation was incorrect.

Was pointed at wrong satellite receiving very poor signal. He fixed the issue & reported the previous install.

Was super friendly & courteous. But I'm still stuck with paying the additional money!

Signal loss is caused by your equipment, not theirs. You own the antenna and cabling.

The receiver is the only thing owned by the company.

So again, it is YOUR equipment that you own that is malfunctioning. The CSTech simply saved the matrix on a check switch test, is all.