We recently had Dish tv installed.We have never had any issue with Direct TV, but were lured by what we thought was a better monthly price.

We signed up with an authorized re-seller which clearly stated in their contract that we had 3 days to cancel. Then we had Dish installed and signed the install agreement. After installation, we noticed we had terrible service and reception. We called to cancel within 24 hours of installation and were informed that there was no grace period for cancellation.

Dish also told us that we had 2 contracts, one with the re-seller and one with Dish. The installation agreement then trumped the first agreement and we were in a contract with our hands tied for 2 years. Unless... we paid the $480 to cancel.

Oh, but since they offered an older iPad model 'free' which bumped up our monthly price by $30/mo we would now have to pay $760 to cancel! The service representative and supervisor were extremely rude and the service is terrible. We would never recommend Dish to anyone. After calling Direct TV, they were able to offer us incentives to come back and cushion most of the blow that Dish network gave us....

and even lower monthly payments!

Plus, Direct TV honors their 24 hour grace period after installation.HATE DISH!!!!

Review about: Dish Network Tv Service.

Had an Experience with Dish Network?

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Aurora, Colorado, United States #686657

Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having poor signal. We do not have a grace period for a valid contract and if yours came through a retailer, I'll have to look into that for you. Can you please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can further assist you?