1.4
Style and Design

A Dish salesman showed up at our door one day, and presented to us that they could offer us a package equal to the Direct TV package we had, at a lower price. He stood in my living room and looked me in the eye when I asked if our local college games were included in the package and told me "yes".

That was in May. Come Sept. 1, and no games were available. I contacted a local satellite company that offers service for both Dish and DirectTV and found out I would have to upgrade my package to the tune of an additional $43/mo.

to get the channels needed to watch those games. That would have increased my cost to MORE than I had been paying with DirectTV. I will not do business with anyone who lies to me.

This looked like a classic "bait and switch" campaign. They may have gotten their cancellation fee, but that was much less than continuing to pay them for the next 2 years, and I have the peace of mind knowing I am not sending money every month to them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dish Network Tv Package.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Lied.

Comments

it looks to me that Dish will lie to everyone to get them to sign up how ever they can to get you to sign . The lower price is the bait and the 2 year agreement is there way of keeping you stuck to pay more or else they will try to roughen your credit to stay and service is terrible ,there has to be something we could do to straighten them out .