My husband was told a few weeks ago that for signing up his friend with Dish Network they would send him gift cards he could use for pay-per-view and/or paying some of his bill. When he called to use them, he was told that he could not use them to do so. They were apparently just a gimmick.

What is more, my husband spoke to a different rep and they sent him online movie coupons that he still was not able to use for what he wanted to see, just because what he wanted to see, was an EVENT and not a MOVIE.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had similar experiences. If so, then please let me know at adafitch@yahoo.com. I'd also like to know if anyone has had similar problems with other providers. If so, then please let me know so I know to steer clear of them.

Comments

Hi, this is Alicia Brink. I'm with DISH Network.

I apologize about the confusion. When you initially sign up we send a packet that does have offers in it. Most of the offers are for when you refer someone to DISH Network. Pay-per-view coupons are limited to a value of up to 5.99, this is the reason you would not of been able to use them on an event, most events range from 49.95-69.95.

We make every effort to give you information regarding these promotions via phone, print, and online. If for some reason you can not find details on the particular promotion you are interested in you can always verify it with an agent over the phone or online.

I hope this helps clear up the confusion. Please let us know if you have any other questions.