I already had dish for the primary home then last year I called them and stated that I had a secondary, very seasonally home 150 miles north in the same state. I made it clear to the salesperson that I would like the best deal on dish service for this seasonal home and that I would be only there on weekends and then almost exclusively during the summer months.

They sold me a package with a 2 year commitment and they explained that I could put the service in suspense for a min of one month and maximum time of six months. I asked about re-activating the service for just a few days should we decide to visit the home perhaps over the Christmas holiday. The rule was I could activate it but for not less than 30 days. That was irritating but even worse was the fact that the suspended time would not count toward my 24 month commitment.

And now for the actual "kick in the teeth" from dish. About a month ago I saw a dish commercial highlighting that with an Amazon Firestick ($40 at Best Buy) and with the Dish anywhere app, I could watch everything like I was at my primary home in front of that TV. In other words they clearly knew my situation when I called them to set up the secondary home with Dish and they could have saved me over $1000 which includes what I had paid so far PLUS a $400 early termination fee from cancelling the service and spending $40 one time to buy the firestick.

It was unethical, sneaky and downright disgusting that they did not tell me about the best option that they are now advertising about daily. Needless to say I am really pissed off about it and would never recommend them as they turned a deaf ear to my complaint about their business ethics and tactics.

Review about: Dish Network Technical Support.

Comments

I had the same experience. When I moved to my new home I went with another company.

I called to cancel DISH service twice. Each time the representative talked me into waiting to see if I liked the new company. My account was put on a nine month hold with a $5.00 monthly fee. Of course after nine months I forgot to call DISH and was surprised when my account was charged $230.00, for a month and a half of service.

The equipment is sitting in a box to be returned. I called and was told I agreed via over the phone to the withdrawal at the end of nine months. I could write a letter of the conversations I had with Colin and Cliff at DISH. Long story short the burden is on the customer to cancel service verbally.

The burden of the follow up call is also the responsibility of the customer. However, DISH can charge a bank account without verbal notice for service not received. I offered to pay for the $5.00 lapse of service for nine months but was told I owed for the service I did not receive. I DID NOT receive notification from DISH.

Cliff said the email of the upcoming charge was sent on March 15th to my AOL account. It WAS NOT sent I have no email from DISH. There is also the blackmail offer from Cliff. If I go back to DISH he will credit the full amount to my account this is the only way I can get a refund of the $230.00.

It is hard to believe that this type of unethical business goes on in this country. It is the worst case of lying, stealing, cheating and fraud I have ever experienced. What is even sadder is that their employees are trained and encouraged do this. I don't know if I have a chance of recovering my money but I am going to try.

In closing I was told by Cliff that DISH had been given an award by JD Powers, shocking! I have lost respect and confidence in JD Powers if this is true.

I will be checking the validity of that statement. If true my next correspondence will be to JD Powers.

I just got off the phone with these crooks. They took money from my account saying I agreed to it wh e I got service.

They have no identification to prove my signature and also no electrionc signature to take payment. I was told that they would send me an email and review the stolen money from my account and get to me in 10 days.

This company is the *** of the earth and have zero legal rights to take money when they can't even positively identify who they are talking to.. I will get my money from them even if I have to hire an attorney and loose more money

Dish has never responded to my complaint not even to dispute it.