1K views

I had problems with this company from day 1!I called to complain and disconnect and was then convinced to opt for another account service and when I did they raised my monthly charge.

Called to complain and again they tried to charge me more.. I cancelled my account, told them I do NOT permit them to take any money out of my bank account..they do not have my permission..then they took money from my account for service I never got AND after I told them do NOT take money from my account.

This company is a joke!Beware and stay away from Dish Network!

Review about: Dish Network Account.

Comments

Livingston, New Jersey, United States #1292377

Dish took $400 from my account today and i did not authorize it nor is the bill even in my name but since I made the first payment with my debit card they say they can take my money from me it's a load of bull it's not my bill but just because I made that one payment they think they have the right to take my money I will never deal or refer anyone to dish they are horrible and will steal your money!!

Dish has not been reliable for us most of the time we have had it.I honestly felt trapped by them.

I am so disappointed because I would have recommended them for people that don't live in heavily wooded areas that I know, but after all this I wouldn't even recommend them to my enemies. We've had then for a couple of years. We had trouble with the service from the start. We had numerous techs come out and see the problem only to fix it temporarily.

They moved our dish a few times, lastly being on our 2nd story roof. So much interference we finally called and asked to get our service disconnected. They refused and offered discounts and to send another tech out etc. I told them there is no use I had already had so many out.

So they told me I could do some suspension or freeze that would cut our service off and us pay $10 a month until our contract ran out. A year or so later I called to see how much longer we had just to find out it was a freeze that holds our contract still. It never moved. They tried to tell me that a box was checked confirming that the representative went over the process and all.

Why would I agree to freezing a 2 year contract and paying money for it? I was so mad. Then the lady said they could give me the lowest package price and I would have to pay for the remaining almost 2 years left. So we hooked it up and I canceled my Comcast that I had been using due to me having to pay for an active dish.

She sent someone out for only $10. It was supposed to be a discount for me. Of course the service still went out constantly. I called furious and told them that this service is not for me can I please cancel.

They were going to charge me hundreds to cancel a service I could barely use. I couldn't afford it so they said they would send another tech out. Then I seen my bill jumped up 10 or so dollars and asked why. Supposibly the $10.00 discount for a tech was actually an insurance plan they added to our account that we have to pay monthly.

After this we just dealt with the *** service and paid our monthly bill feeling trapped in something that aggravated us on almost an everyday basis. Hearing our grandmother wine about her soaps cutting out constantly. Well we recently moved a couple months ago. We live way out in the woods with a surrounded wooded property.

We transferred the service and the guy came to hook it up. We asked him to please put it in the best place possible for no interference. We hooked it up a week later to our TV cause we weren't moved in at the time. It didn't work.

Another tech came out and ran some tests and got it working. Same as before, a cloud rolls over no service, it rains no service, wind blows hard no service. We just dealt with it and made plans to get something else when we could afford it. Then a couple weeks ago we get some bad weather and of course our TV is first to go out.

This scared me. No TV service letting us know about how bad the weather was or anything. My friend calls me and tells me there was a tornado 3 miles from our home. The next day I'm driving to work and there's huge trees down everywhere and a tree fell on a home 2 miles from us.

After I got back home I started thinking about how we had no alert of this. Dish is very unreliable. So I called and talked to a really nice guy there and told him the situation. He said yes I see you have had lots of problems and techs out to fix them.

Then here it comes, I can give you a $50 discount send a tech out for only $10 and blah blah blah. I told him sir this happens every time and after 2 years of it I can't deal with it anymore. I want a reliable company I can count on. Again he tried over and over.

Finally he got a little upset sounded and said okay I'll put in the order to disconnect but its going to cost you more to cancel then to keep it. He said around around $300!! Im like seriously I have to pay $300 to cancel a service that isn't working for me. He said Well mam I tried to help you out but you refused.

Yes because so many times this has happened already. I was so upset in tears and I just hung up. Its such a bad feeling. We sent back the equipment and that was that.

Until today. My husband checked his account to be sure our mortgage was all there to be taken out today. $230.00 was taken out by dish this morning! No email notification prior, no last bill statement in the mail prior.

Just took $230.00 out of our account with no permission, they had no clue if it was even in there. I called immediately begging them to put it back crying to them. They said even if we could which we can't because its an early termination fee, it wouldn't be back in your account in time for your mortgage PMT to go through. But I can reconnect my service and have it refunded but o its showing you don't have your equipment anymore so you won't be able to do that either.

I begged them please find something you can do. They said I can use an alternative PMT. Well if I had that I could just use that for my mortgage. I hung up and called my husband crying, he said I'm going to call and try to speak with a manager.

He did. He told them they didn't even notify us before taking the money. The guy said it shows we notified you on the 5th. My husband said no the last email I have from y'all was our last bill of 40.00 before we disconnected the service.

He said check your spam. My husband said I have y'all set as VIP in my email to alert my phone when I receive emails from y'all and its worked every time. He checked spam, nothing from dish. So now we are so screwed because of them.

And I know there has to be something they could have done. Why charge people all this money to cancel a service that isn't working for them? You trap people in a contract even if there dissatisfied with proof that it doesn't work for them. The prices are good.

I loved that about dish. But not getting service almost everyday, in the middle of shows and all is not worth the price if you can't properly use the service. I feel like if it doesn't work you shouldn't have to pay to cancel or be trapped. Now my mortgage won't go through today and who knows what kind of repercussions I will have to pay for that.

I am just hurt so bad.

I truely don't recommend getting into a contract with dish.If it happens to not be good service for you as it was me you will suffer consequences.

Conroe, Texas, United States #771195

Dish Network Are Thieves,

We wouldn't be requesting your equipment back if your account was just placed on Pause; only if you've specifically requested it to be cancelled. Did we determine we couldn't get you service at your new home due to a situation of there not being a line of sight for your signal? Please email me your account number so I can have a look.

Conroe, Texas, United States #756507

Dish Network Are Thieves,

We hated to have seen you go! Why did you wish to cancel service completely after having Pause applied? Please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can have a look and I'll look forward to speaking with you further!

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #756261

I put my account on hold after finishing my two year contract to give me time to move into my new house.Last month, after several harassing emails requesting my DVR equipment, I agreed to send the boxes back and not continue onto a new contract.

DISH said they would send me boxes to use for returning my equipment... They never did. A less than a month after that call, DISH charged my bank account $550. I DID NOT authorize that payment nor do I have automated payments for my original account.

After talking to several mediocre reps who told me they would see how they could "help" me [help? I want my money returned because I never authorized it! ], a lady said she could help me if I agreed to sign another 2 year contract. ...

wtf.... Sign another contact with a company who took funds out of my account without permission... ummm, that's called STEALING. They agreed to return my money after I paid to have the boxes returned to them only after telling the account specialist that my lawyer was with me [which was true]...

This is unbelievable...

Conroe, Texas, United States #744641

spell,

That sounds like an unfortunate situation to be in and one that we take very seriously. I would appreciate your efforts if you could please email me your phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com along with some details of the situation so I understand what happened. Thanks!

Conroe, Texas, United States #744640

dws,

It would be my pleasure to help you if you could please email me the account or phone number at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can take a look! I'll look forward to reviewing the details of the situation and seeing what's going on!

Thanks a lot u drained my moms checking acct

I will be contacting the police FCC and trade commission tomorrow....good luck dish this time you are going to need it

Conroe, Texas, United States #740235

Brenda,

I can see how concerning that must be and be happy to take a look to get this situation straightened out if you could please email me your account number at michael.lemar@dish.com!