2.2
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I decided that when my contract was up with Comcast I would look into another company to bundle with one that offered a hard wired phone line. Long story short I had decided to bundle with Dish and frontier.

Price was great services were what I wanted etc. When It came time for installation frontier never showed up and the dish guy said he was only installing cable. I call dish back to ask what was going on and they stated that they were not able to move forward with the other services until the cable work order was completed this was due to the original agent improperly putting in the order and assured me all was well. Then as we were setting up the work orders for the phone and internet I was told that my account says I had cancelled my frontier installation.

I assured them that was not accurate and they told me that's fine I can get transferred to frontier after speaking with the internet department for service activation.. first I heard of this but ok. I was transferred and told internet was not provided to my area by a lady who said she was transferring me to frontier with no additional reasons or information offered at which point she actually hung up on me. I called back requesting to speak with Frontier and low and behold they don't have the capability to transfer me because it's a separate business.

Call frontier find out that they cancelled the service order because SURPRISE SURPRISE NO SERVICE AVAILABLE IN MY AREA!! I set up this service 2 days prior to this!! So I call dish back to cancel and am told they are purchasing a new satellite that will provide internet in my area and my total bill will be less than originally quoted so excitedly I agreed to call back in a month. I call back and yeah they provide service to my area for $50 more than what I should be paying for phone, internet and cable combined.

I told them I wanted to cancel and they tell me that a hefty cancellation charge will need to be paid!! There shouldn't be a charge if they didn't uphold their side of our mutual contract!! I have to uphold my agreement to pay on time and blah blah but they get to back out on their promises for service on 2 different aspects then since O am not bundling my monthly price goes up and because I waited to call back like THEY ASKED ME TO I WAS NO LONGER ABLE TO CANCEL! I let them know I am disabled and on a fixed income and I couldn't pay the adjusted price and I can't afford their service plus whatever I have to pay for services at another company and they don't give 2 darns about their promises to me or the fact that they are raising their cost of products because they do not provide services they told me they did and now I don't get the bundled discount and who cares if I am disabled and can't afford it I sure better find a way to pay it!!

I am beyond disgusted at how these large corporations get to breach their contracts whenever they want yet force us to pay when we try to step away from their lies and betrayal. Dish if you see this look up new accounts in Grayland and you will know who I am since I have spent a total of 6.3 hours on the phone pleading with you and negotiating with you and ultimately giving up and allowing you to screw me over.

Comments

Your contract with dish is for TV services only. There is no breach. You can review at mydish.com/legal.