1.3

Tried to cancel dish and given a hassle. I cancelled on the 17th of dec.

on line. I did not receive an email or phone call so I called cust no service. The 1st person transferred me so after 20 min on line I talked to the next person, who informed me that my cc would be charged a 140. dollars immediately.

I told him not to do that and send me a final bill. he informed me that I had signed the contract that allowed them to do this. I let him know that that was never mention to me when I signed up. They refuse to send a return address for the equipment till I pay this.

I still refused . I said do not charge the cc under any circumstances. Then since this is a contract they wanted to transfer me to the legal dept. I will send the equipment back with a receipt return and when I receive the early cancellation bill for 140.

I will pay it.

my present provider is saving me 40 per month so I will be ahead of the game. Dish will never be a company I use and I will tell everyone I know about them and my experience with them.

Reason of review: problem cancelling.

Preferred solution: let me return the equipment and bill me for the final payment..

I didn't like: Cancelling channels and pricing.

Comments

MikeLDISH123
Littleton, Colorado, United States #929237

adtopper,

We'd hate to see you go and would be happy to assist you with any concerns you have with the service if we could please get some details! Feel free to email me your account number and four-digit PIN at michael.lemar@dish.com so I can review your information to see what's going on with your bill.

Honeoye, New York, United States #920277

I am a DISH customer and I am pissed off. When I signed up with DISH I was told that i WOULD HAVE CERTAIN CHANNELS.

Now not only is CNN gone but FOX NEWS is now gone.As far as I am concerned DISH BROKE the contract with me. Therefore freeing me from this contract and I will start to look for a cable company that does not commit fraud and lie to get customers.

Sincerely

Darlene DEats

to Anonymous Mesa, Arizona, United States #920452

Four corner contract law. CNN is back in the lineup as of November 21, fox down December 21, 1 month apart.

Secondly, neither of those channels are included in the contract nor are they included in the residential service agreement. Thus, the only violation of said contract would be if you cancel. Before you rebute, your contract also states they can remove channels within a term commitment with no expectation of compensation.

I would suggest reading the contract prior to making outlandish emotional claims. Emotions will not win your case infront of a judge.